Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Emerald Exchange Community

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
New Emerald Exchange Community

Who else here got the email invite to the new community?

"YOU TALK. WE'LL LISTEN.

National(R) has selected you as one of 300 Emerald Club(R) members from across the country to participate in the Emerald Exchange(TM) community.

The Emerald Exchange is a private online community of business travelers willing to serve as consultants by sharing their perspectives and opinions. This community will give you, one of our most valuable customers, a direct line of communication to National's management to offer advice and influence decisions...."

Will be interesting to see what form this takes and if they act on our suggestions. I am looking forward to it! The implied perks sound interesting too...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL GE
So what do they have you doing and what are theses "perks" you speak of?
Old May 1, 2012, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Who else here got the email invite to the new community?

"YOU TALK. WE'LL LISTEN.

National(R) has selected you as one of 300 Emerald Club(R) members from across the country to participate in the Emerald Exchange(TM) community.

The Emerald Exchange is a private online community of business travelers willing to serve as consultants by sharing their perspectives and opinions. This community will give you, one of our most valuable customers, a direct line of communication to National's management to offer advice and influence decisions...."

Will be interesting to see what form this takes and if they act on our suggestions. I am looking forward to it! The implied perks sound interesting too...
Wow, good for you! I have receoved no such invitation, and am feeling unloved. Seriously though, keep us informed as to what you encounter with regard to this rather intriguing opportunity.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
They had me go through a survey to qualify me, essentially make sure I wasn't with a travel agency, media firm, etc... and to confirm I had internet access and was willing to participate. Then they said they would contact me later when they are ready to start. They gave a direct email of someone to contact with any questions. I haven't heard anything since.

It did say not to forward the invite but didn't say this was any kind of secret program or anything.

There was mention of some gift cards and such for participating along the way...

I'm not sure what qualified me for this... I have been an Emerald member for over 20 years and Executive Elite for the past 6 years I guess with over 100 rental days a year at times. I am sure there are others who rent a lot more than me.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:13 pm

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...community.html
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Looks like this Community is responsible for Premier Selection...

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/23...vehicle-rental
Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:37 pm

How easy it is for them to say that... But I doubt it since it isn't within the normal realm of business travel with budgets and per diem rates..... Or maybe this program of theirs, now 300 members, is comprised of no one that travels ever...

Is anyone HERE actually a member? I am sure they don't let you say one way or another, so just wink if you "know someone who knows someone"... lol
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Sounds a lot like the Hertz Hub. They were behind a lot of visible things like the Road Trip stores and even had a lot of influence behind the Dream Cars collection (Porsches, Ferraris, etc.).

-J.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:25 pm

Yes, I'm a member and have been for quite some time. There are plenty of us that are EE (they do surveys sometime where you can see the results and everyone is a heavy renter). I like the idea of the premium selection and would be interested in using my free days to get a nice car for a special weekend trip. I've never been told to be secretive about the site and I think it's a great way for them to get feedback. Only difference the requests were for things like Mercedes and BMW for the premium selection. I guess I'll have to look and see what they have next time I rent. The way I see it, if you use your free day for the premium selection, you can pretty much just grab whatever on the lot.

Last edited by MissJ; Oct 14, 2013 at 12:03 am
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:55 pm

I fail to see how the premium selection is a good idea. Under the old system you would have received a far better car with a luxury car free day redemption.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:17 am

Well, IMO, it doesn't make any difference for free days. Now if they change the Ts and Cs to say EE can't redeem for premium selection, then yes it will make a difference and I won't be happy. I haven't seen the selection in person yet but I know in the discussion, we asked for true luxury cars. Things that aren't normally seen for rent. I'm hoping they make it very certain cars instead of just grabbing the nicest stuff instead of putting it on the Exec Selection Aisle. I haven't read the massive thread about this yet since I've been pretty busy. I'll see how it ends up working.

Edit, just skimmed the thread and I've only ever rented one car off the list that was posted so I guess it depends on where you rent. I've been EE for years and have rarely ever seen any of those cars on the EA to begin with. So I think it will depends on how the location is run. If poorly run locations just grab cars and put them there, then that will definitely be a devaluation but if I start to see cars I've never seen for rent before and the "rules" are followed then I see no harm. But still, time will tell and I'm not about to read that whole thread right now. I have to fly in the morning... as usual.

Last edited by MissJ; Oct 14, 2013 at 12:37 am
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by MissJ
Yes, I'm a member and have been for quite some time. There are plenty of us that are EE (they do surveys sometime where you can see the results and everyone is a heavy renter). I like the idea of the premium selection and would be interested in using my free days to get a nice car for a special weekend trip. I've never been told to be secretive about the site and I think it's a great way for them to get feedback. Only difference the requests were for things like Mercedes and BMW for the premium selection. I guess I'll have to look and see what they have next time I rent. The way I see it, if you use your free day for the premium selection, you can pretty much just grab whatever on the lot.
But if they where in the luxury row you would have a chance to pick one up. My guess is that you will not have that option with these cars, instead you will use your free day plus pay $25+ for these cars.

So before you go patting yourself on your back, the idea of having a row of cool cars has turned into drool car$ and opens up the opportunity for NCR to up charge us for our 300c's and other previously premium rentals.

It is a great program... for National..
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:29 pm

Don't put words in my mouth, I'm not patting myself or anyone else on the back.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:36 pm

Plus.. As Zoneguy has noted, 300c is not SUPPOSED to be in the program, and many have seen them in premium ER and ES since roll out of this program. I get the feeling what I saw in DFW may have been a fluke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.