Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2013 Ford Taurus Limited Ride Report/Review

Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

I believe we're the first to review the 2013 Ford Taurus Limited; eat your collective hearts out, Autoblog, Car & Driver, Motortrend!

http://carrentingreviews.com/2012/03...aurus-limited/

I really like the new refresh, much better than 2012 Chrysler 300, though probably not as good as 2012 Buick Lacrosse (if you can find a fully optioned Lacrosse).

PXAR
19/29
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:53 pm

Thumbs up

Pretty cool website you have there. Thanks for the review!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrxrob
Pretty cool website you have there. Thanks for the review!
Thanks! Reviewing National's finest!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Great review as usual, doc. The car does look sharper now, even though it's still massive. Very nice rims, too! Looks like the design is pointing towards the new Fusion, which I am drooling to try out. Not fond of the current Fusions AT ALL.

I've had the chance to grab the previous MY a couple of times, but there was always something smaller, lighter, or sexier. Maybe the refresh will pique my interests they next time I see it in person.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

I think I know why the other major publications haven't released their reviews of the 2013 Ford Taurus yet...there may be a review embargo in place until Monday morning, hahaha.

Fortunately, that embargo doesn't extent to independent car renting aficionados.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are reviews posted in U.S. markets. A quick check finds some that started appearing on Wednesday, 3/14.

There's little relevance to the National forum until the vehicles start appearing in the fleet in numbers...
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:07 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There's little relevance to the National forum until the vehicles start appearing in the fleet in numbers...
Sample size of 1, but I just got one on Friday (4/6).

The new version of MyTouch is much improved. Overall I like this car, though the steering feels a bit odd at low speeds.

Edit: There's one serious omission in this car's feature set: the ability to get in and start it without taking the key from one's pocket. It appears that this is part of a $2700 option package. Not cool.

Last edited by ralfp; Apr 9, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:55 pm

I managed to snag a 2013 Limited with 13 miles on it at LGA about two weeks back. It had the optional Sony 5.1 audio, BLIS/X-traffic, keyless access, and heated/ventilated seats. I was impressed with the vehicle but my major complaint was cabin space and rear visibility. At 6'4" it was a tight fit for me - the folks at National usually put an Explorer Limited to the side for me when I rent but this time I was swapping the Explorer out due to mechanical problems. Rear visibility was an issue for me at night and in the rain due to the rear decklid being higher than average (and the propensity to tailgate in Manhattan didn't help matters). I thought it was a solid vehicle and though it won't be my first choice, I'll take the keys out of one while I browse the ES for something else.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:26 am
Original Poster

2014 Ford Taurus Review/Ride Report

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...s-differences/

I changed the post to "2013 and 2014 ford taurus differences".

Last edited by drzoidberg; Jul 4, 2013 at 10:15 am
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
dr z, given the question about model year of the car, did you note the vin number?

with fords, you can even look up the window sticker here with the vin:
http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-N...cker/Ford.html

It's a unique color, looks similar to the alien green on the soul.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xienon
dr z, given the question about model year of the car, did you note the vin number?

with fords, you can even look up the window sticker here with the vin:
http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-N...cker/Ford.html

It's a unique color, looks similar to the alien green on the soul.
Ah crud, forgot about the vin lookup. I'll remember it for next time.

Fully optioned Taurus not much different from MKS, just lacking some of Lincoln's refinement. Unless you can find an MKS with THX II and panoramic roof.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Rented one in PDX. They took the wrapper off maybe an hour before. It had 5!!! miles on it. Couple of observations:

1) Very quiet driving, but it had some really nice get up and go
2) Very comfortable with a good sound system
3) Fuel economy SUCKS. I took it for 100 miles up 26 to Government Camp and back in mostly highway driving. I got 19.5 MPG, which is horrendous.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Was this national or avis? Looks to me like avis based on the bar code.

With national, you could try zoom in on the window sticker as the last 8 digits of the VIN is fairly large.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:35 pm

Could be one of those things where sometimes at the very beginning of the model year you get some weird combinations of things that came from the previous year. I know I had a Contour that had brakes from the previous years model. Maybe they had some leftover paint .
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
If it's National; just take a pic of the barcode! I also hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I put the plate through CarFax and it returned to a 2013 Taurus Limited

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.