Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BUF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I guess I'll post an update. Picked up tonight (Thurs about 9:30PM) with a full size reservation (somehow the rate was actually pretty cheap when I booked it considering I'm returning Sat afternoon - so not a weekend rate). Car area was pretty sparse, several 300s, a few Impalas and some non descript SUVs. Emerald booth lady offered either a 300 or an Impala or some SUV for me. I chose a 300 (SUV is difficult for my mother to get into) and was assigned a basic 300 (cloth seats - small touch screen - Sirius was still working though with 15000 mi on the car) which is ok (I think some of the other 300s were more than basic since they had chrome wheels).
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:01 am

Picked up last night (Wed 9/26 9 pm) with a full size reservation agent gave a wide choice SUV or sedan (impala, Malibu, sonata, optima, 200, avenger, Taurus that I took).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:42 pm

going to BUF next week...hopefully i can update everyone what they got for selections. i am a emerald club member.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:30 pm

Ok - I guess I'll talk to myself in this thread too

Picked up tonight Mon 4/8/13 at 7 PM with a Premium reservation. They had absolutely no regular sedans around was offerred either a 4 Runner or a 2012 GC (which I took - has Quebec plates - 22000 miles but Sirius still active) - appears that I just missed a MKX and FX35
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
Any Update?

Heading to BUF this week....Any updates on selection available lately?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:02 am

Picked up tonight (Wed - 10/23 - 10:30PM) - at first was told Hyundai Elantra - responded on a Premium reservation? - then given the choice of XC60 / Genesis (which I took since mother doesn't like getting into SUVs). Other cars noted (sparse selection) - S60 (asked but told that the key was at the counter) - several Beetles, Avenger/200, couple of Minivans, Explorer - maybe a few others but didn't notice.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:08 am

The Elantra wasn't your idea of a premium!?!

Do you think they didn't realize you had a premium reservation, or that they honestly thought they would get some sucker to take it?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
The Elantra wasn't your idea of a premium!?!

Do you think they didn't realize you had a premium reservation, or that they honestly thought they would get some sucker to take it?
I think she was just trying to give out the lower cars without looking at what the reservation was for (nice but I think kind of new).
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:45 pm

Picked up Thurs evening 4/3/14 at 9:15 pm. There was a lot of variety in cars - just about one of everything in FullSize in the usual fleet. I had a fullsize reservation - and the attendant named off just about every car they had Altima, Impala (limited I presume - since I saw that), Charger, Sonata, Optima, Passat (which I almost said I'd take) and finally Genesis (not sure if she realized its a Premium - although it does have 19000+ miles on it - although the satellite radio still works - mine for the next 5 days). Only usual FullSize not named were Camry and Fusion (which is what National's example of FullSize is now).
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:20 am

Picked up last night (sat 8/2 at 7:30PM). The garage counter was closed so had to go back up to the main rental counter. No wait - and the agent said that they usually close the garage counter about 7 on Sat since its really slow. Had a fullsize reservation - he asked if I wanted an SUV or regular sedan. After I said regular sedan he started looking through the big bag of keys that was on the counter - offered up a Maxima which was fine.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
BUF just quickly crept its way into my list of favorite National locations. Despite being a smaller counter location, and at first glance having a pretty uninspired array of cars to choose from for my PCAR res, the guy at the counter tossed me the keys to a brand new, very well equipped 640i!

I didn't even know National had these in their fleet. Wow! Going to be tough going back to the Aisle now...
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:26 am

Rental From Alamo but wanted to share

Just recently rented a full size from BUF from Alamo. I was given the choice of an Impala, Sonata or Charger. I originally chose the Impala, it was a black Limited with 600 miles parked next to the Charger. Turns out the Charger was a black R/T with 6000 miles, needless to say, I asked to switch. It was a great car for a 1300 mile roadtrip through upstate New York and all for $196 for 8 days.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
The Charger R/T seems to be popping up more and more in the National fleet. I have rented two in the last few weeks (at ORD and LAX). It's definitely a fun rental.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:53 am

Quick update since I've rented from here quite a few times lately. First time was Thursday pretty late after 11pm, went to counter since garage booth was closed, got a Malibu LTZ. Second trip, saw virtual aisle was available on Friday around 9pm, chose a Lacrosse, other choices included Sonata, Explorer. Finally, last night, Saturday about 7:30pm, virtual aisle not available. Got to garage booth, saw a 300 that I asked for but the guy just ahead of me was being assigned the car. So was offered a SRX or X5!!! Unfortunately my mother finds it difficult to get in/out of SUV especially now since she is leaving rehab for broken leg. So took an Avalon since the only other non SUVs were Altimas. Note all these were on full size reservations.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Opposite BUF experience here...
"Guaranteed Upgrades You're always guaranteed a free upgrade when you reserve using the Midsize rate. (in US and Canada)" for executive elites means a Toyota Corolla or some Chevy Cruze. My reservations are typically one way, so maybe that does make a difference (though not specified in their advertising patter), but the whole you customers will, Nazi Soup Kitchen style, enjoy what you've been assigned approach leaves me P.O.'d. There are some decent staff at BUF, but on average, nothing like I find at SYR or ROC, or even the random National Counter I arrive at on my travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.