Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Edmonton city locations gone

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Edmonton city locations gone

Not sure when this happened, but the only National location in the Edmonton area is YEG. Came as a bit of a surprise when I went to book one of my usual YEG-YEAC01 rentals!

Hate to say it, but it's the nail in the coffin for my relationship with National. I'm not trying to be bitter and walk away completely; I'll still rent wherever National stills chooses to do business. However, I obviously can't do in-city one-ways, and I'm not about to take the lousy Sky Shuttle and pay $30 just to get a rental. Probably on to Hertz as they have a bunch of city locations. It's been a slice, Nat.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:11 pm

But does Hertz offer your beloved Rondo?!
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I think I can live with a Ford or Mazda from Hertz rather than standing around in -40 to wait for a cramped 15-passenger van to fetch me for an hour journey to YEG, only to hear "We're out of Rondos Mr. Tuneman, what colour PT Cruiser would you like?"
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Well, on a brief visit to Edmonton I went pass the familiar corner of 99th and Jasper, and noticed that my favorite little rental outlet is still there...as an Enterprise!!

It kind of got me singing...

Late last spring
I heard the glass door slam
And a big green monster
Took my Rondos away

Ohhhh don't it always seem to go
That you get Exec Elite then it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up an ERAC lot...

Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:50 am
s3n

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Well, on a brief visit to Edmonton I went pass the familiar corner of 99th and Jasper, and noticed that my favorite little rental outlet is still there...as an Enterprise!!

It kind of got me singing...

Late last spring
I heard the glass door slam
And a big green monster
Took my Rondos away

Ohhhh don't it always seem to go
That you get Exec Elite then it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up an ERAC lot...

Poor Joni's turning over in her gave, I bet (what do you mean she's not dead YET!). ;-)

Can you still book this location through National? Looks like Ottawa merged their downtown location with Enterprise, but I can still book it (haven't actually picked up there yet, tho) through National. I wonder if they've done this anywhere else, as I was led to believe that their strategy was to keep only the National airport locations and go Enterprise everywhere else.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s3n
Can you still book this location through National? Looks like Ottawa merged their downtown location with Enterprise, but I can still book it (haven't actually picked up there yet, tho) through National. I wonder if they've done this anywhere else, as I was led to believe that their strategy was to keep only the National airport locations and go Enterprise everywhere else.
Nope, the location is off the grid with National. All my rental receipts from there have **CLOSED** printed on the location info. I typed in the old location code YEAC01 and it comes up with an error. I'd like to see them merge so that I can pick up a car at National YEG and drop off at an Enterprise in the city but I don't know if that's the plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.