Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MSP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Sousaphil
I think you'll be after the AM rush. I typically get to the Aisle between 8:45 and 9:45 in the morning on Mondays.

When I arrive, I can almost always get a mid-sized SUV like a Cherokee or Liberty. It's been several months since I've had a Tahoe or Yukon available to me.

Don't count on a Volvo on Monday morning. I've never seen anything that nice that wasn't reserved in the VIP area.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it's very disappointing. I'll edit this post once I check out the inventory this coming week.

EDIT: There were many cars in the EA section. Probably 4 minivans, lots of sedans (altimas, fusions), small SUVs (Rogue, Hyundai). No volvos and no Tahoes, so sad. I went with the next car that I thought was the best value, which happened to be a red dodge challenger. Bluetooth phone and xm radio, which was great for me since I had to drive 2 hours to my destination. The car is fast and fun to drive but there is zero blind spot visibility. Playing with the side view mirrors really helps alleviate this problem.

Last edited by Philip Yang; Feb 24, 2015 at 9:19 am
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:52 am

Picking up next Friday in the afternoon. Hoping for something w/ AWD/4X4 in ES. Any thoughts on availability at this time of day on a Friday in the winter?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:36 pm

There is almost always SOMETHING with AWD/4WD in the ES at MSP.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:39 pm

Disappointing selection at MSP this afternoon. A couple Toyota Siennas, one 2015 Ford F-150, one Chevy Silverado, one Dodge Ram, and Camrys sprinkled in between we're the only selections accross EA and ES.

Asked for an SUV, but manager wouldn't budge. Ended up taking an Infiniti QX60 with 130 miles for $15 extra a day that they pulled from Alamo. Decent car, but would prefer a GC or even an Enclave, as both are better optioned in National's fleet IMO.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:03 pm

Picked up this past Thursday the 26th. EA was fully stocked. I even asked the attendant if the cars in ES were up for grabs and she said sure.

Camaro, Fusions, Explorer, a Yukon, and several other random selections. I was helping a friend with her first rental she was a little overwhelmed! She ended up choosing a '14 Ram Big Horn with the Hemi and 4x4. She prefers trucks so it was a great pickup. $16.50/day for 4 days with a $25 off coupon. Pretty much a steal.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:40 pm

Any recent updates here??
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:41 am

Quick update from MSP.

Picked up from Terminal 1 on 8/7 around 9am. ES and EA virtually the same. One Camry, the rest mainly small SUVs/CUVs of all variety. There was one Avalon with PA plates, with the doors locked and also a 300C with a VIP sign on it that said 'Welcome Mr. and Mrs. XXX'. I wanted a car, but I didn't feel like having a worthless conversation with the grumpy greeter that is still there! Settled for a Cherokee Limited with 3k miles that reeked of smoke and did not have a full gas tank, as everything else was low trim... I told the both agent about the smoke and the low gas and he said he noted both. Upon return, the check-in agent said the booth agent did not make a note about the gas, but he said he would 'help me out' (this is the 2nd time in a row with the gas situation...)

I actually returned the car to Terminal 2. A little bit better variety on their aisles, but overall pretty bland. Standouts in PS included a black Audi A7(first time seeing one of these in the fleet) a MKC and a MKS.

Overall, pretty disappointed with the selection and customer service... but I digress.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
A7 is sweet. PS would be good if they had cars like that on it, and still let us reserve LCARs at most locations. unfortunately the inability to reserve LCARs means I go to Sixt if there is a sixt wherever i'm renting.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:23 pm

Which Terminal has a better selection at MSP? (Executive)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
bump. Any recent trip reports?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Arrived Tuesday at noon (T1):

PS had a BMW 740Li for $75, a MKC for $50 and VIP had a few more MKC's and a Q50
ES had a pretty good selection: Santa Fe, Edge, Challenger, Fusion Titanium, Cherokee, Patriot, Terrain, Equinox, RAV4, Escape, Enclave, 300, Sorento

EA had a bunch of minivans and a V60 Cross Country that was probably parked there by mistake

First time in MSP and the PS selections were amazing. Saw the A7 when i returned.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:17 am

Arrived last Thursday 11/5 around 2:45 p.m. Was hoping for a larger SUV or pickup. Wish I could tell you what else was on the aisle, but I walked out the door and straight across the drive to a brand new Toyota Sequoia. Fully loaded including nav, 266 miles. For $19/day...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Anyone pick up recently ? I am hoping for a SUV on Monday but I do not get in till 1 PM - EXE Aisle if it matters, thanks !
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
1/1 @ 5PM

Booked fullsized SUV.
Did not get to see the aisle since I was in a bit of a rush.

Upgrades - Maserati/6-series

Offered Tahoe/Sequoia/Yukon Denali. Took the Yukon (fully loaded)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Terminal 2 (Humphrey) @ 12:30 2/23/16. No cars of any sort on the aisles, and a line of annoyed customers. I was last in the line. Management was assuring everyone that cars were coming from the other terminal.

What came around were various high end cars that I never see on the ES. Couple Cadillac CTS, then a Yukon and a big Infiniti SUV. I got to be the only one waiting, and a manager turns the corner in a 2015 BMW 740iL xDrive and tosses me the the keys (WXAR).

It is so choice, far and away the best car I ever got from National.

I'm EE, but I honestly don't think that even played into it. They were doling out the only cars that they had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.