Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
They have a TON of those they always need to unload and they put them in the Executive Aisle. I thought I see a bunch of them too parked in the Luxury lane at LAX?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: na
hi

they had tons of crown vics and marquis? those old mans cars ewwww thats why i dont rent with national when i go to EWR no more in 08 they were awesome. In the executive aisle there was always something that we wanted. It started to change in the summer of 09,I think is the manager that runs that location is very greedy and doing a very sloppy job with their executive members.The last time i went there in 09 they had a brand new challenger with 10 miles,when i went to the booth they told me that i couldnt have that car cuz it was placed in the wrong aisle and if i wanted that car that i had to pay extra and go to the counter for pricing.I walked away from them and went to avis right next door to them.So im not surprised that their car fleets in the executive aisle are very cheesy until they get a new manager then maybe they will change they way they treat executive members.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:02 pm

Had a one way rental 10/2 from EWR EA, dropping off at Iselin, NJ the next day.
Picked up a Nissan Altima Hybrid. Used up one of my free days. Nice ride.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: QF Bronze
Originally Posted by agero2k5
hey there return the car immediately and ask to talk to a national manager immediately.they tricked you and you are not the only victim read my postings on this location and you will see what i mean.A luxury you should of gotten a caddillac cts or srx or a lincoln mkx truck or mks car.and tell them that you gonna call and file a complaint to their corporate for the bad shady service they gave you on the car.This location are very slick and all of their good cars they put it in specialty even though the car is not a specialty.they just wanna make more money those greety people in this location.Just do it immediately.
Sorry to take so long to get back to the thread. We returned the Crown Vic to National at DCA. Took a wrong turn and ended up in the Pentagon carpark

Anyway got to the National car return and told the guy our story. He immediately called the station manager who offered a Chrysler 300 which we were not all that thrilled about. He then said wait a minute and soon pulled up in a Lincoln Towncar. So we are happy with that. Now in Key West so have covered a fair bit of territory. Very happy with the managers service and he gave us his card and said to contact him directly if we had any further problems.

Only downside is I lost my Garmin 3790T the day before yesterday between where I parked the car and the hotel room Nothing handed in to the front desk so I don't know what happened to it. Had to buy a Garmin 1450 to get by.

Thanks everyone for all your advice!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just picked up from EWR on Sunday early afternoon. Mostly SUVs (Traverse, Equinox, Crew, a Suburban, an Expedition, lots of Jeeps, two Escapes). Saw an Altima, a couple of Fusions, 300s, and Chargers as well. Noticed that there's now an additional row of EA.

Haven't seen Explorers or Edge since July wonder if they were too popular and exceeded their mileage.

Last edited by seawolf; Oct 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Back at EWR on Thurs afternoon. The additional row of EA gone. Looks like when the lot is full, they will use the space to stage cars instead of having it as EA.

Saw an Aramada from TX, no minivans. Two Suburbans, an Edge, two Explorers (one Limited one XLT), a Pathfinder. A bunch 300s, an Altima.

Was going to take the Armada until I saw the Explorer. I really enjoyed the Armada in SFO but had doubts about getting around and parking in NYC with this beast. Ended up with the Explorer Limited (212 miles on it). It's a 2012 model registered less then two weeks ago.

Last edited by seawolf; Oct 20, 2011 at 7:45 pm
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
I was at EWR very early Wednesday morning. Exec had two full rows (probably 30 cars?) only mid/full-size sedans (impala, malibu, a few Altimas, a Dodge sporty car (forget which), with the exception of a single Mazda CX-7. EA had only about 8 cars, including 2 dodge minivans, a Sonata and more of the same sedans.

The cars were all basic models (no plush ones; i.e., no leather, etc.) and they all seemed to have at least 7k miles; no XM as far as I could tell (I looked in about 4-5 cars.

I ended up taking an Altima.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcchi
I was at EWR very early Wednesday morning. Exec had two full rows (probably 30 cars?) only mid/full-size sedans (impala, malibu, a few Altimas, a Dodge sporty car (forget which), with the exception of a single Mazda CX-7. EA had only about 8 cars, including 2 dodge minivans, a Sonata and more of the same sedans.

The cars were all basic models (no plush ones; i.e., no leather, etc.) and they all seemed to have at least 7k miles; no XM as far as I could tell (I looked in about 4-5 cars.
Picked up Friday night. Lot was overflowing. Two Executive Aisles. All mostly run-of-the-mill, as noted above. I found a VW Jetta with 2K miles in the regular EA. The lot was so full it was quite a production trying to figure out how to exit.

The rate was $50ish for ewr-ewr, lga-lga and jfk-jfk but only $30 for ewr-lga so they must need cars in lga.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
EWR

Stopped by EWR today. ES had about a dozen Toyota Avalons and few Camrys, also a Buick Enclave and few Jeeps. EA were all American cars like Chevy and few Toyotas.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:24 am

- Has anyone been lately?
- Generally speaking, which time(s) can one expect to find the most selection? Early in the morning (7am-9am) Friday or Monday ?

At the EWR location, as an EC member, can one go directly to the aisle and pick a car or does one have to "stop" by the counter first?

Last edited by dontego; Apr 11, 2012 at 8:38 am
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by dontego
At the EWR location, as an EC member, can one go directly to the aisle and pick a car or does one have to "stop" by the counter first?
You can head straight to the aisle to pick out a car.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by trainman74
You can head straight to the aisle to pick out a car.
It was very easy. Take Air Train to P3 and walk down towards National.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:02 am

Last FRIDAY at 7am the lot was full.

Emerald: Mostly American cars (Chevy Impala/Malibu) and mix of typical smaller cars.
Executive: Mix of mid-size SUVs (non leather), Nissan Maximas (non leather), Fusions (non leather)Chevy Impala/Malibu, bunch of Camrys (non leather), one Premium Buick Lacross 2012.

Returned the vehicle on the following Monday at 7:30am, the lot was busy with slim pickins. Lots of business travelers.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:28 pm

Anyone been recently?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by dontego
Anyone been recently?
Last week my SO's sister was getting a one-way back to Boston (via 3 of my 1-2-Free days ), so I went to educate. She grabbed a fully loaded Scion off the Reserve (I "helped", lol) and she was quite happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.