Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SAN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Any Experience with EA in San Diego

I have an EA reservation for 10 days starting Saturday 12/22. That may be a busy holidays weekend. How is the EA in SAN? I have no car preference. An SUV is not a bad option for my family as we will be spending 3 days in the mountains.

I have another confirmed reservation at Alamo for a midsize SUV that is $20 more for the whole trip.

I am trying to decide on which reservation to keep.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
10-15 rentals there this year and haven't seen an SUV in either EA or Exec. Usually all mid or fullsize with a minivan thrown in from time to time.

Selection has been a bit better now that Summer is over
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just dropped my car off at EA at SAN. When I picked it up there, choices in the Aisle were very thin. Lots of Dodge Magnums, a couple of GMC Acadias, a VW Bug, PT Cruisers, generic midsize stuff. You can't get much better than SAN for location to the city--get back to downtown without ever getting on the highway--but this location means space is tight and the National lot is by no means massive.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 5:47 pm

Cars at SAN

Anyone have recent experience at SAN for Exec Selection?

Thanks.

Duds
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:08 am

Last week (7/20) there was mostly Chevy Impalas, a Volvo S40, a Toyota Avalon and a Chevy van. All but one had between 10-15K miles on them.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:30 pm

anyone else?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 7:40 pm

I haven't been there in a few weeks, but over the years I've always found it to be pretty bland. Expect the usual.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 8:13 am

I am heading to SAN in 3 weeks... anyone with info on what the Executive selection looks like right now.

I have a 3 day ressie for 47.xx using Executive selection..... I could also reserve a luxury for 67.xx.

I am really hoping for a SUV or van....... anyone with thoughts?

Duds
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by dudspizza
I am heading to SAN in 3 weeks... anyone with info on what the Executive selection looks like right now.

I have a 3 day ressie for 47.xx using Executive selection..... I could also reserve a luxury for 67.xx.

I am really hoping for a SUV or van....... anyone with thoughts?

Duds
The SAN thread is unfortunately rather sparse. Let us know what you find there Duds.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:44 am

Ok, picked up on Thursday, Oct 2 about 6:30pm. Father-In-Law is Emerald Club and I am Executive.

EA had a few HHR's and a bunch of mid-size cars. Father-in-law took a Nissan Sentra which he liked. Got 40+ MPG. They did have a Toyota Sienna Mini-Van there and I almost grabbed it until I saw it was dirty and had 40,000+ miles on it with Illinois plates.

Exec had mainly 6-8 Impalas, 1 Charger, 1 Kia Rondo, and 1 Mitsubishi. I wanted the Charger, but DW wanted the Rondo as it had room for the luggage. I reluctantly agreed when I saw it had Sirius Satellite radio and only 686 miles on it. I drove nice but only got about 22 MPG.

I was disappointed in my overall choices.

That said, when we dropped the cars off on Sunday morning, there were tons of cross over SUV's, among other awesome choices on both the EA and ExecA. I would have loved to be picking up at that time.

Hope this helps.

Duds
Old Oct 12, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Picked up at SAN on Friday, 10/10 (and will be returning later today, 10/12). There were only about half a dozen vehicles in the Executive Aisle (and perhaps 10 on the Emerald Club aisle), with no SUVs, vans, or hybrids. There were a couple dozen more (including some pretty nice ones) that were not cleaned yet (and one of the agents came out to let people know we couldn't take them). I got an Impala SS with XM Radio and 12k miles.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.8M, MR Platinum Premiere, HH Diamond
Was there over a weekend about 3 weeks ago...got a Prius with less than 100 miles on it. I didn't spot anything luxe (like a Volvo) or anything with satellite radio.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 4:39 pm

Was in San Diego 10/22 - 10/27. Arrived on a Wednesday evening but the Exec aisle was very scarce...

Only 5 vehicles to choose from - 4 Impalas and a Chevy Equinox.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 3:08 pm
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Any recent experiences at SAN? I'd like to get a mini-van sometime week of Jan 5th (in town, need to run to LA area with the family). I've got a couple of the Rent two certs plus some regular free days. The Rent Two are not good for a mini-van so I'd be "gambling" with the aisle availablity (I'm ExecElite). I'm not sure if the regular certs are good for a van. It's my first time actually trying to get a mini-van so advice greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Was there with my boss two weeks ago (Tues) and the Exec Selection was packed with minivans and SUV's of all sizes - including some very large ones.

Of course he grabbed the worst looking Altima on the lot - high mileage, no XM, no sunroof, no leather...hate traveling with the boss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.