Search

Cars at SAN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Many Teslas? Really? Please elaborate. I'd love to know where National is stocking those.
I didn't mean that national rented Tesla's, sorry, but on the streets of SJC the amount of them I see is pretty impressive, here in PHX, I have only seen three.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm sure he means out on the street not at National.
Thank you... It appears some people hang on every word people say...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
9 PM 3/22/14: Reserved a PCAR. Staff were unenthusiastic as usual about actually finding a PCAR.

Picked a Toyota Prius (SCAH) off the ES. Downgraded my reservation's price to ES.

The Prius was not optioned well, although it did have Bluetooth.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:29 pm

Just picked up from here this evening around 7pm. The lot was pretty full but
variety was limited. EA was mostly Altimas and Maibus with a Ford Fusion
thrown in the mix. The ES had Maximas, Sonatas, Toyota Pruis, Hyundai
Santa Fe and one Chevy Camaro. We ended up with a Volkswagen Tiguan that
had just been cleaned. There were also a few Jeep SUVs on the lot including a
Cherokee Latitiude with about 800 miles on it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Just picked up an Audi A8 here was parked next to the Luxury Aisle and is classified as an Exotic, but they let me have it for the Luxury Price. The Luxury Aisle was stocked with a Volvo XC70 and S60, a couple of Infiniti's Q50 and QX60, you're typical Cadillac XTS and Lincoln MKZ. There was also a Mini Cooper Countryman and a couple Camaro's parked in front of the office. Executive was full of Nissan Altima's.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
Just picked up an Audi A8 here was parked next to the Luxury Aisle and is classified as an Exotic, but they let me have it for the Luxury Price. The Luxury Aisle was stocked with a Volvo XC70 and S60, a couple of Infiniti's Q50 and QX60, you're typical Cadillac XTS and Lincoln MKZ. There was also a Mini Cooper Countryman and a couple Camaro's parked in front of the office. Executive was full of Nissan Altima's.
Interesting, and how much of a upgrade was it?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
I had the same A8 a couple of weeks ago -- IIRC, it's a dropoff from LA or one of the Enterprise locations that carry luxury cars. In my case, I paid $50/day over my midsize rate...

There's also a Jaguar XF that seems to show up at this location frequently.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
I had the same A8 a couple of weeks ago -- IIRC, it's a dropoff from LA or one of the Enterprise locations that carry luxury cars. In my case, I paid $50/day over my midsize rate...

There's also a Jaguar XF that seems to show up at this location frequently.
I have seen a Jag XF there, but never asked what the upgrade charge was. I might do that on an up coming trip.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have seen a Jag XF there, but never asked what the upgrade charge was. I might do that on an up coming trip.
Last time, I paid the same $50/day upgrade charge (over midsize rate) on the Jag too - the Emerald booth agent told me before that it's the lowest they can go in the computer for any "special"-classed luxury cars (or maybe it's because my contract midsize rate is pretty low to begin with).

They do seem to go much lower on the "regular" luxury cars like the 3-Series, XTS, QX70, etc. though -- usually I get these for not more than $25/day on the midsize rate, or sometimes free on a premium rate.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
They do seem to go much lower on the "regular" luxury cars like the 3-Series, XTS, QX70, etc. though -- usually I get these for not more than $25/day on the midsize rate, or sometimes free on a premium rate.
My contract must be the same, I have gotten a ATS, and XTS for $25 over my midesize car which is worth it. Maybe if the Jag is there on my next trip I'll spring for it, been wanting to drive one.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
For those familiar with SAN location - can I reasonably expect to find a small to mid-size suv in the EA or ES if I'm picking up at 11pm midweek? We're not looking for anything too big, something around the size of a Rav4 or CRV...

TIA
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
For those familiar with SAN location - can I reasonably expect to find a small to mid-size suv in the EA or ES if I'm picking up at 11pm midweek? We're not looking for anything too big, something around the size of a Rav4 or CRV...

TIA
I was just in San Diego and saw no SUV's in any isle, but the SUV isle was half full. It's is summer season and family want SUV and so they rent them.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I was just in San Diego and saw no SUV's in any isle, but the SUV isle was half full. It's is summer season and family want SUV and so they rent them.
Thanks for the info. I'll change my reservation to suv since that is what we want for this trip. Question- if I get there and see a suv on the EA or ES aisle, can I downgrade my res to midsized and use the ES option instead? It's $100 cheaper. One more.... is the Alamo location at SAN close to National?

TIA
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Thanks for the info. I'll change my reservation to suv since that is what we want for this trip. Question- if I get there and see a suv on the EA or ES aisle, can I downgrade my res to midsized and use the ES option instead? It's $100 cheaper. One more.... is the Alamo location at SAN close to National?

TIA
Changed my res to suv. My corporate code doesn't help me with this one as it's a 1 way rental. I removed that and also the Emerald club standard rate "discount" code and got a $45 price drop so now only $55 more than my midsized res.. I'll have to check around for other codes I may be able to use... any suggestions?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:40 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
You can make two reservations and cancel the one you don't need to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.