Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: Dust...
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Are keys in the cars, though? Or do you need to get keys from booth/greeter?
Can confirm keys are in the car at 3am.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Are keys in the cars, though? Or do you need to get keys from booth/greeter?
In the car, the booth is a waste of time at anytime. Lol
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Unfortunately with a PCAR/LCAR res, you don't have a choice
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Other than minivans, are folks seeing other vehicles in EA that could seat six? TIA ...
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:11 am

Anyone rented from LAS recently? I'm headed there next week and I'm curious what the selection is like.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:34 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jimboinlimbo
Anyone rented from LAS recently? I'm headed there next week and I'm curious what the selection is like.
Picked up at LAS earlier this week...

The Executive selection had a TON of "normal" (and boring) full-size sedans. There were 2-3 Chrysler 300s, a few Challengers, one Camaro. Several small crossover/SUVs like the Chevy Equinox. The only bigger SUVs were a Buick Verano and a Ford Explorer. I opted for the Explorer because I know the MS Sync system and wanted Bluetooth--wasn't sure if the Buick had it or not.

Enjoying the Explorer, it's fully loaded and had good pick-up to it.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Picked up at LAS earlier this week...

The Executive selection had a TON of "normal" (and boring) full-size sedans. There were 2-3 Chrysler 300s, a few Challengers, one Camaro. Several small crossover/SUVs like the Chevy Equinox. The only bigger SUVs were a Buick Verano and a Ford Explorer. I opted for the Explorer because I know the MS Sync system and wanted Bluetooth--wasn't sure if the Buick had it or not.

Enjoying the Explorer, it's fully loaded and had good pick-up to it.
Thanks MillionMiler. Out of curiosity, did the Explorer have 4WD?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:05 am

I picked up from LAS on the 26th (Dec) - and it was a dead zone. I needed something that could hold 5 - and had to use a back-up reservation because they had nothing that would comfortably hold 5 (3 adults, 2 kids). I didn't make specific list of the cars, but I know all of them were no bigger than full-size. It was pretty empty on top of it all - maybe 8-12 cars among the two areas.

Going back the 31st and hoping for a little more variety - but with just two on that trip, we'll definitely find something.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I guess there was some impact from the Christmas holiday, but I wouldn't expect LAS to be THAT empty any time other than CES. They're normally one of the better stocked locations (and one of only 2, along with LAX, I see consistently operating their ER-PREM and ER-LUXURY sections).
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:45 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jimboinlimbo
Thanks MillionMiler. Out of curiosity, did the Explorer have 4WD?
I don't think it did. I do not know for sure, but I had the car when I read your post, and made it a point to check when I returned it...It did not have a 4WD button--but it may have had full-time FWD like my Jeep at home...But I was unable to tell for certain.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I don't think it did. I do not know for sure, but I had the car when I read your post, and made it a point to check when I returned it...It did not have a 4WD button--but it may have had full-time FWD like my Jeep at home...But I was unable to tell for certain.
The truly committed - me at MHT, knowing deep snow was on the way - will first look for badges or buttons then go on hands and knees looking for half-shafts. (This confirmed the Captiva on ES was just FWD, BTW, so I kept looking.)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:25 am

Have an ES reservation and looking for a 4 wheel dive next week.

What do you think the options may be?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
any idea what the Lcar and or PS selection is like at LAS?
I got a Lcar booking on the 10th of February, i was debating between renting my own car or get a limo service to/from hotel, but figured I may have a chance at getting a somewhat fun car thru National for roughly the same cost as a limo pick up/drop off service.
i really have no need for a car during my 2 day stay in vegas, but will go for a drive to Hoover dam or red rock canyon if I can get something fun.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:59 pm

I've got a premium crossover booked in a couple of weeks: do they maintain a separate reserve section for those? I don't actually care if it's a crossover or a larger SUV like a Ford Explorer, but what I need (and why I booked the crossover) is to have a large-ish trunk space and the prem crossover at a decent price for the weekend. I never rent off anything but the ES so have no idea how they handle more specific type bookings.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:43 am

LAS is one of two stations I know that consistently and properly operates their ER section.

On an LCAR res you're likely to get your choice of available LCAR or GXAR, but I doubt you'd see anything unexpected... last time I was there on LCAR my choices were either ATS/MKZ or SRX/MKT. I went with the SRX since I had golf clubs with me, but the panoramic sunroof was nice too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.