Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Cars at Portland / PDX

What is the main Emerald Aisle like in Portland? We're jetting in for a weekend trip (Friday night arrival) and I want to set my expectations right...
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Anyone been there lately?
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Anyone been there lately?
I go there a couple times a month. Isle is like everywhere else....Malibus, etc. Nothing special.

Only thing that sucks about Portland is National is located about 5 minutes away from the airport so you have to take a shuttle bus. But, at least it's close to the freeway, so you'd probably have to drive that 5 minutes anyway. Also, ask them where to get gas on your way out, otherwise it's difficult to find a gas station near the rental car lot.

Matt
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:15 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Was there in July on a Thurs. mid-afternoon. Very few cars avail. We wanted one with XM and were willing to wait a while. The National staff was most kind in looking around in the return area, found a G6 with XM and within 5 minutes, had it washed and ready to drive out. I do agree that of all the majors, National is farthest out from PDX, but the great service made up for the bus ride.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Just got back from my trip. Great staff at that location! Had my choice on the Aisle between Buick Rendezvous, Lacrosse or G6. None were equipped with XM.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:50 am

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
Rented from PDX on 11/5 - Had booked an intermediate size (G6) for pickup at 630AM in the Emerald Isle. Arrived at the location around 6am and the Emerald Isle had no cars available, so I had to go to the counter. I inquired about an XM equipped vehicle, as I was driving up to SEA, and the agent said that they no longer had any...

The location had no midsize or fullsize cars available and I was given a Buick Lesabre (Premium) - which was a nice upgrade for the price of an intermediate. Though it did take them 15-20 minutes to find it and get it cleaned up...

This location is off airport and with waiting for the shuttle, and then the 10 minute drive to the location... it just takes up alot of time.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:36 am

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
11/6

I should mention, when I returned my rental this morning @ 7:35am that the emerald isle was full with cars: Malibu, Grand Prix, G6, Rendevous, and many others.. not sure whether any had XM though - so a much better selection than 11/5 @ 630am.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 12:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club, HH Diamond, MR Silver, National Executive Elite
Just returned from PDX today..

I too wanted an XM equipped car and they didn't have one available. The EA and EA Exec both had about the same selection. A lot of MiniVans & Malibus, plus 3 or 4 Sebring Conv on the regular EA line. I had a Saturn Vue. Not bad. Finding gas at 0430am was a chore!
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd bump this one. Anybody been there recently?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
On ES I found a Jeep Commander, a Sebring hardtop convertible, a few minivans and the usual Impalas. EA looked HHR-heavy at about 10PM on a Wednesday.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd bump this one. Anybody been there recently?
How on earth did you find this thread from '05?

Anyway, thanks for bumping it. I've added to the compendium of locations.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
How on earth did you find this thread from '05?

Anyway, thanks for bumping it. I've added to the compendium of locations.
That Search function is pretty powerful
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:57 pm

I'm surprised no one has rented from PDX since then, or felt the need to create a thread about it, besides yourself.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm glad its working for someone Seriously though, we've had an ongoing problem with Search for quite some time.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA PLT, Frontier Summit, Avis Pref Select, National Executive
I Iwas there a couple of months ago. When I arrived, the EA had very few vehicles; but I ended up with a decent G6. When I returned my car, there was a volvo S80 sitting in the EA. Poor timing, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.