Wiki Posts
Search

Leftover 1 2 Free days?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Leftover 1 2 Free days?

looks like I'm going to have a few of these leftover this year. Has anyone tried to apply them retroactively on a reservation? I've done regular free days, never tired 1-2-F ones.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:07 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I have never heard of them being retroactively applied.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Wiley
looks like I'm going to have a few of these leftover this year. Has anyone tried to apply them retroactively on a reservation? I've done regular free days, never tired 1-2-F ones.
Nope, can't be applied retroactively unfortunately. Use or lose by June 15.

Is the redemption deadline earlier this year? Pretty sure it used to be June 30.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Nope, can't be applied retroactively unfortunately. Use or lose by June 15.

Is the redemption deadline earlier this year? Pretty sure it used to be June 30.
It was June 15 last year too.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I have an interesting predicament and perhaps others might have been successful/unsuccessful with this in the past.

I have a convertible reserved with 2 free days (non-12free) starting at 11am June 16th. I would like to pick the car up a few hours earlier without using an additional earned free day. I have a spare 1-2 free coupon. Could I make a reservation from noon June 15th to noon June 16th with the 12free coupon and see if the location (CLT) will allow me to combine my two reservations and allow me to pick up the convertible a few hours early? The 1-2 free reservation would have to be a standard car type though, convertibles aren't allowed with the coupon.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mroseman13
I have an interesting predicament and perhaps others might have been successful/unsuccessful with this in the past.

I have a convertible reserved with 2 free days (non-12free) starting at 11am June 16th. I would like to pick the car up a few hours earlier without using an additional earned free day. I have a spare 1-2 free coupon. Could I make a reservation from noon June 15th to noon June 16th with the 12free coupon and see if the location (CLT) will allow me to combine my two reservations and allow me to pick up the convertible a few hours early? The 1-2 free reservation would have to be a standard car type though, convertibles aren't allowed with the coupon.

No? But I can be wrong. Maybe if it was a full size perhaps. I know you can't make one res with both.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC

Again? You literally already posted that you know this isn't possible and that National gave you 2 additional free days as a courtesy. And now you want to abuse their generosity?

Other thread from April

I have an extended weekend trip in a couple months which I will be renting a car for. I'll arrive to CLT at 9am and depart at 1:30pm two days later. I am using 2 rental credits to get a nice Convertible, however those two credits only get me exactly 48 hours. Are there any strategies to get a couple hours of leniency from the rental location? Unfortunately, I can't combine the one-two free rental credit with an earned rental day to extend the trip.

Ideally, I'd pick up the car at 9:30am and return at 11:30am, 50 hours later, but only be charged two rental days.
I publicly tweeted with the @NationalCares tag and got a response from @entreprisecares about two hours later requesting that I privately message them the details. So I privately messaged the enterprise handle, and noted that I wasn't sure if they were combined customer service (apparently they are?), and explained my dissatisfaction of the situation. Their response explained that the policy of one-two-free coupons didn't allow it to be combined with free rental days, but they valued my business and gave me 2 free rental days as a one-time courtesy.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by flightrisk
Again? You literally already posted that you know this isn't possible and that National gave you 2 additional free days as a courtesy. And now you want to abuse their generosity?

Other thread from April
Busted!!!! You even got 2 days for a few hour extension request. I suggest smile and don't cause more trouble.

T&C is pretty clear, before 11:59 so the system will block anything after that. You could return on 11:59 on the 15 and wait 11 hours at the airport
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:41 pm

Well gosh. He got two free days for complaining about a nonsensical issue? I must be need to start complaining about silly things too on twitter.

Back on topic. Judging from his earlier thread he now has a extra two free days. The solution is easy. Simply use one of the free days National gifted you, for the extra hours you want the car; if you don't want to spend money.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I suggest smile and don't cause more trouble.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
SO can we use the 1-2-free days for a rental at an enterprise location, or does it have to be a national?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by raheeezy
SO can we use the 1-2-free days for a rental at an enterprise location, or does it have to be a national?
At national I believe. The only thing related to enterprise was that thing for extra points.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by raheeezy
Only at National, I've tried them every year since there is a neighborhood enterprise closer to me than national.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I have something like 10 that will expire. I think you can give them away.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:42 pm

They're not transferable, and doing so or using a coupon from someone else can land you on the Do Not Rent list. Sharing is explicitly prohibited by the terms of the promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.