Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Website glitch -- can't reserve LCAR with EE free day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec

Just a heads up to anyone trying to do this -- I recently ran into an issue redeeming a free day for a LCAR, which should be covered for an executive elite. If I check availability for a normal reservation, LCAR is available for my dates/times. If I add a free day coupon, availability disappears.

I was able to make the free day reservation using the mobile app.

Oddly, though, the mobile app has a different issue; it doesn't seem to offer proper free day credit to other rental classes. If I try to redeem free days in the app for a PGAR, it leaves $165/day on the rate; if I use the website for *that* reservation, it ends up at $0+tax.

Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:19 am

Had the same problem. I ended up using the website and then modifying the reservation. I chose the premium car as luxury had disappeared when I applied the free day, modified the reservation and still only saw premium car available, so selected it again and on the final screen the car changed to luxury.

I miss the old website.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I miss the old website.
Seriously.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:29 pm

Are you talking about the regular free days attached to your account or the free days from the 1-2-FREE promotion?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dtremit
Just a heads up to anyone trying to do this -- I recently ran into an issue redeeming a free day for a LCAR, which should be covered for an executive elite. If I check availability for a normal reservation, LCAR is available for my dates/times. If I add a free day coupon, availability disappears.

I was able to make the free day reservation using the mobile app.

Oddly, though, the mobile app has a different issue; it doesn't seem to offer proper free day credit to other rental classes. If I try to redeem free days in the app for a PGAR, it leaves $165/day on the rate; if I use the website for *that* reservation, it ends up at $0+tax.

I've found in the past 2-3 times I have tried to use my Free Days for Luxury Car at various locations it is not showing as an option. I even tried calling the 800# and still had no lucky. I think National has somehow blocked Luxury cars from free days (however, I would love for someone to prove me wrong!)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Twixboy
Are you talking about the regular free days attached to your account or the free days from the 1-2-FREE promotion?
The OP is referring to regular free days and 1-2-Free don't allow for the luxury car class.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:51 am

This has been going on for some time now; they are calling it "Inventory Management"... not allowing certain car classes to be booked on free days..

It is complete BS IMHO, and against the terms and conditions of the program as laid out when the credits where earned.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neo_781
The OP is referring to regular free days and 1-2-Free don't allow for the luxury car class.
Correct; regular free days.

Originally Posted by hearna
This has been going on for some time now; they are calling it "Inventory Management"... not allowing certain car classes to be booked on free days..

It is complete BS IMHO, and against the terms and conditions of the program as laid out when the credits where earned.
I'm really not sure National's IT department is capable of this degree of control -- particularly given they won't rent you a $X/day luxury car, but will happily apply a free day to another car class that costs several multiples more. For my dates, the LCAR was ~$400ai and the PGAR was ~$1200ai.

Plus you can do it in the app just fine.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Interesting that you can do it in the app. I've also been unable to book LCARs with the website or phone. Trying to get them to do it on the phone has been particularly frustrating... with the phone agents telling me that luxury cars are simply not eligible (I had one try to tell me that luxury cars were considered exotic vehicles and thus disallowed according to the Ts and Cs).
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: National EE
If you can reserve an LCAR without the free day, do so then call National to apply the free day either before you pick up the car or after you return it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.