Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Emerald Club experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Thumbs up Great Emerald Club experience at DFW

I recently went on a three-in-one business trip that had me traveling to Dallas, Kansas City and Chicago. Rather than try to figure out dates and flights and all the hassles that entailed, I booked a three-week rental with National out of Dallas.

When I arrived at DFW, I spotted a Lincoln MKC in the parking lot and asked if I could have it. I've been Emerald Club since my employer switched from Hertz to National as their preferred rental car company last year, but I wasn't ECE yet (I am now, thanks to that last rental.) Nevertheless, they looked in the computer, saw my numerous rentals over the past 18 months and said go for it.

This is not an upgrade I was entitled to, but three weeks in a Lincoln was a lot nicer than three weeks in almost anything else, and I'm grateful to National for the discretionary upgrade. They'll be seeing a lot more of my business!

Last edited by txviking; Oct 16, 2016 at 4:00 pm Reason: Added location to title
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:53 pm

I have had 22 rentals at the time just this year and JFK didn't give me the QC60 for free after I didn't see anything in the aisle worthwhile other than a Mustang that had around 14,000 miles on it and was a base model. Ended up getting it for $40 per day and even than they screwed up my res charging me 2 days and an hour along with 3 days for LDW and the upgrade so I changed the red to a 3 day res for $40 more... Even extending my res had issues and had to call them to do it since the app have me an error message.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by txviking
Nevertheless, they looked in the computer, saw my numerous rentals over the past 18 months and said go for it.
Most likely this was nice customer service and not how many times you rented.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.