Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried the National Car at Orlando Disney Car Care Center?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to book a vehicle while staying at the Disney Resort and plan to rent a car from the Disney Car Care Center. I know they don't have the Emerald Aisle so I can't pick any car but I don't want to wait in line at the counter. On the National site, it shows this location has Self-Serve kiosk and Online check-in. Does this mean I can bypass the line and go to my vehicle if I use the online check in and self serve kiosk?

Any insight to this location or the Dolphin location would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Yes, I've rented from there a couple of times. It can be a real clusterfck because it shares a counter with Alamo. If you're Emerald or Executive they'll take you in a side office to process your paperwork, allowing you to skip the 15 families in line.

You won't be able to skip the line or go straight to your car. They may offer you a choice of car while you're in the office. I rented a full-size and was given three choices: pickup, pickup, convertible. If I had a family and a bunch of luggage I would have been pissed but it was just me so the convertible worked great.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:42 am

can't recall precisely, but Car Care may be a buck cheaper in fees than Dolphin. Third location, Buena Vista Hotel, is usually staffed with friendly girls lol. Never tried Shades of Green location
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've done swaps at Disney CCC (usually to use more than 3 free days or mix free and 1-2-F days) and I've always had to wait at least 5-10 min in the office, plus processing time. That said, I don't know that any non-aisle location is going to be much faster. On the one occaision where I was originating a new rental there (and not swapping or otherwise extending) they had no availability of my reserved class (PCAR), no LCAR, no FCAR, but I ended up in a PFAR.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I was looking to rent a Minivan. Our plan is to spend a week in Disney and then a week off site driving around Florida for another week before heading back to MCO.
If I wanted greater choice, would it be silly for me to book the Magical Express to MCO and then pickup the car at MCO instead?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by mjly2008
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I was looking to rent a Minivan. Our plan is to spend a week in Disney and then a week off site driving around Florida for another week before heading back to MCO.
If I wanted greater choice, would it be silly for me to book the Magical Express to MCO and then pickup the car at MCO instead?
If the plan would be Magical Express to MCO then immediately head out driving around Florida, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Maybe an hour or so of extra time.

But if you'd be taking the ME to MCO, then driving back to Disney, that's 90 minutes-2 hours of wasted time, so it's up to you whether that's a good value.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisny2
If the plan would be Magical Express to MCO then immediately head out driving around Florida, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Maybe an hour or so of extra time.

But if you'd be taking the ME to MCO, then driving back to Disney, that's 90 minutes-2 hours of wasted time, so it's up to you whether that's a good value.
Great point. Thank you for the advice.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:23 pm

Returned Chrysler 300 here today with 1466mi on her (I picked her up in NY with only 219mi). She's a virgin no more, having driven right thru Matthew! Sunroof is great
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:46 pm

I looking to pick one up at Dolphin and drop off at Swan, and its almost $180 for 2 days.
Any deals to be had?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by shore_cruiser
I looking to pick one up at Dolphin and drop off at Swan, and its almost $180 for 2 days.
Any deals to be had?
what days?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by shore_cruiser
Any deals to be had?
Swan doesn't have any car rental. Dolphin has National and Alamo. The hotels are connected.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC 75K/Marriott Platinum Elite
I'm spending two days at Disney with my family next weekend, before driving down to Naples. To save a few hundred, rather than rent at MCO and pay for a rental + parking for 2 days that I won't use the car, I was thinking I would Uber from MCO to Disney and then rent from the National Desk at the Disney Car Care Center starting on the day we leave the park.

I'm Executive Elite and in the past when renting at MCO have always just booked full size but been able to get a minivan. I'm worried that I don't have that choice (or any choice) when I pick up a car in Disney. If I rent at Disney Car Care, has anyone been sucessful with calling in advance to request a specific vehicle type (ex. a minivan) as an EE upgrade?

(yes, I am looking to avoid paying the extra cost of booking a minivan)
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by lpbucw
I'm spending two days at Disney with my family next weekend, before driving down to Naples. To save a few hundred, rather than rent at MCO and pay for a rental + parking for 2 days that I won't use the car, I was thinking I would Uber from MCO to Disney and then rent from the National Desk at the Disney Car Care Center starting on the day we leave the park.

I'm Executive Elite and in the past when renting at MCO have always just booked full size but been able to get a minivan. I'm worried that I don't have that choice (or any choice) when I pick up a car in Disney. If I rent at Disney Car Care, has anyone been sucessful with calling in advance to request a specific vehicle type (ex. a minivan) as an EE upgrade?

It's definitely YMMV but If you need a minivan, book a minivan at this location.
Last time they offered an Audi A3 as upgrade from FCAR and they didn't even have any SUVs available when I got there.
And the minivan rate will be cheaper if you book with Alamo or Enterprise.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by lpbucw

I would be shocked if you were able to get a minivan as an upgrade to a full size at the CCC. You'll get an upgrade, but demanding the most reserved class at that location as a 3 or 4 class upgrade is probably not going to work. Being in March, I'd be leery of even assuming that there will be a minivan on the Exec aisle at MCO. Also, there are no more parking fees if staying at a WDW resort, those were removed a year or two ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.