Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Question about drop fees, Gov rate, and mileage fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver

I have a trip coming up where I have to drive from MSY to BHM, stopping in Baton Rouge, Jackson, and Montgomery. I'm a fed employee, and this is trip for work so Im traveling on orders and have access to the GOVBIZ contract. This is the first time using a one-way rental on the GOVBIZ contract.

Now, this trip will take approximately 600 miles to accomplish. I reserved a 1 way intermediate from MSY to BHM. When I was reviewing my reservations today, I noticed that my reservation listed 0 miles included, with extra miles at $0.35 each, which is odd, since on all my other work trips there have been unlimited miles included. Now im faced with an extra $200 or so in mileage fees on a $319 reservation.

So, I create a dummy reservation for the same dates, and car, but returning to MSY. Unlimited miles are included at the confirmation screen (and a price of $239) Odd, so I check the govt rental car program website and it says that unlimited miles are not guaranteed on one-way rentals. Unfortunate, but I figured i'd call National just to make sure this wasnt an IT glitch.

The CSR confirmed the mileage charge for the 1-way, but then he said that if I reserved the car to return to MSY, and then change the drop off to BHM on the day im supposed to return, that the unlimited mileage rate would hold, and id only be charged the difference in rate, bringing it back up to my budgeted $319.

So, is what the CSR claiming will happen accurate? Will the unlimited mileage portion of the contract stick if I change the destination to a one-way after pickup?

Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
So no one has experience with the different pricing regarding changin a round-trip for a 1-way after a rental? Really???
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:39 am
Original Poster

No one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.