Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Sacramento (SMF)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bump, any update?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Pretty measly pickings at SMF today, but there was one Hyundai Genesis and the others mostly Chevy Malibu's.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
When I flew in this past Friday they had a Jetta on the aisle and the standard fare including two Fusions, a Malibu etc. Ended up having an Emerald Reserve reservation for a Jeep Cherokee and got what I was asking for.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:02 pm

Anyone rent from SMF lately?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Any updates on SMF recently? I'm getting a rental there in two days.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Nov. 16 around 2:30PM

Specialty:

2 x Volvo XC60

ES:

2 x Nissan Maxima
3 x Nissan Altima
8 x Chevy Malibu
2 x Hyundai Sonata
1 x Toyota Camry
2 x KIA Optima
1 x VW Jetta
1 x VW Passat
2 x Small SUVs forgot which brand
3 x Chrysler 300
1 x Ford Taurus

EA:

12 x Chevy Malibu
2 x KIA Optima
3 x Chrysler 200
2 x Nissan Sentra
1 x VW Jetta

Executive VIP:

1 x Chrysler 300C
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:05 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
March 18:

Specialty:
Didn't notice

ES:
Chevy Impala x5
Chevy Malibu x10-12
Nissan Altima x2
Volkswagen Beetle x1 (taken by the person who walked up ahead of me)

EA:
Chevy Malibu and Cruze as far as I could see

I ended up driving the Impala and it was a complete horror. 32,000 miles and well worn interior. Felt more like a Dollar selection than a National ES offering.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Thursday 5/3 around 9pm:

ES:

3 x Nissan Altima
6 x Chevy Malibu
2 x Chevy Impala LTZ
2 x Chevy Traverse 2LT (I took 1 - other smelled like smoke)
1 x GMC Midsize SUV
1 x Buick Lacrosse
1 x Challenger

EA:

8 x Chevy Malibu
2 x Nissan Altima
2 x Random Midsize Vehicles

Executive VIP:

Nothing

I was looking for an SUV to move some belongings in. I wasn't expecting much and just expected to go to SMF, see nothing, and go home in my own car, however I was plesantly surprised by the decent selction. Mostly just matching dark colored sedans but a few others mixed in there. A note about the Challenger... it was actually Grey but the sticker on the vehicle said White.

I had a Traverse from Hertz at SFO Last Week (reserved mid-size SUV but received the Traverse) and liked it. The Grey Traverse from National is a Grey '13 2LT w/ XM SAT Radio and is catagorized as a Premium Crossover. For $17 a day I'll take it

Last edited by roadman3313; May 3, 2013 at 9:11 am Reason: Additional Information
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:49 pm

Friday 6/7 around 11:30 pm

ES: Mostly Malibu's and Impalas. Someone was pulling out in a Captiva LS as I walked up and they had a Jeep Patriot as well, but it appeared to be very basic as it had steel wheels. I ended up taking a Taurus Limited.

EA: Nearly empty. Multiple Impalas, an Altima, and an Avenger.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
ES car selection at this airport leaves for a lot more to be desired!

Last few times, ended up with a Camry ... but they do claim that they have the smallest fleet of all of the airports!
Old May 13, 2015, 10:58 am

Picked up 4/18....Ford Fusion. Didn't really see what else was available in ES.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The Executive Selection at SMF is basically what one would find in the Emerald Aisle at a larger airport. They tend to hold back anything fun or nice, But the staff is friendly and if you need something special(as I did this past weekend)it never hurts to ask
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:38 am

I just went a few hours ago and they were getting ready to close, I ordered a premium car since I had a coupon and actually got a REALLY good deal

EA: Empty
ES: Multiple Challengers, Camry x 2, Dodge Journey x3, Jeep Patriot x1

for my Premium offerings I got offered a 2016 Mustang, 370Z, Buick Lacross, and finally a Volvo XC60 which I took immediately. I was not really impressed with the other cars but am loving the Volvo and really excited to take my 3 day trip in it!

Last edited by emacias303; Sep 10, 2015 at 3:24 am
Old May 24, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Better selection in the ES

Rented here for the weekend. Was pleased to get a fully loaded 300c. Also saw A Taurus and a couple of Edges in the selection. I know these are not the greatest cars but it is a real improvement over choices in the past.
Service was great as usual
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
Just picked up here tonight. This is one of the saddest aisle locations I have encountered anywhere. The executive selection was filled with Camrys, Sonatas, Santa Fes and a couple old Dodge Journeys. I waited around for a little while and eventually ended up with a base model Murano.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.