Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Chrysler 300C Review/Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by piper28
I know some of the uconnect 8.4" systems come as nav-capable, but require dealer activation. No idea if that's true on the 300C or not, but I know it can happen on some of the models of Grand Cherokees. It's something that I think is more common than it was when the 8.4" models first came out.
My money's on this... it's something I'll definitely check when taking a 300C from now on (assuming there's anything as good available WITH Nav or Android Auto).
Old May 13, 2016, 10:22 am

Hmm, although when I look at the specifications, the 300C is supposed to have the 8.4 NAV unit, which should have nav activated already.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
The '16 300C I had last Wednesday from DFW (with 1207 miles, not likely a '15) most definitely did NOT have NAV, though it did have the 8.4" Uconnect system.
After just seeing the 300S ride report posted, maybe I had one of those and not a C... though I definitely don't remember Beats speakers either.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
After just seeing the 300S ride report posted, maybe I had one of those and not a C... though I definitely don't remember Beats speakers either.
Did you have the pano sunroof? That was awesome
Old May 15, 2016, 12:40 pm

I DID have the pano sunroof (along with the extremely hot seats associated with leaving it open in the Dallas sun).
Old May 15, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
This is my go-to pick over the new Impala despite being a Chevy guy at heart.

Air conditioned seats and the giant greenhouse roof are nice. Plenty of power on the highway.

My favorite feature is the large gas tank, 32+ MPG at over 70MPH, and the fact that it will go 70 miles before the fuel gauge moves off of "Full".
Old May 17, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
My money's on this... it's something I'll definitely check when taking a 300C from now on (assuming there's anything as good available WITH Nav or Android Auto).
Sometimes Fleets get odd options. Yours may have been an early production model where they did not have had enough 8.4" screens available and made a substitution.

The purchaser does get a $ credit back for the substitution.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:35 am

I'm sure there are many possibilities. It had the 8.4" screen but no option on the bottom row for Nav. It also had the pano sunroof, so I'm pretty certain it was a C.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
I'm sure there are many possibilities. It had the 8.4" screen but no option on the bottom row for Nav. It also had the pano sunroof, so I'm pretty certain it was a C.
Ah ok, sorry I misread! Probably not activated like most people guessed.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:55 am

Picked up a 300C this weekend, and I've got one other possibility for the Nav issue that IsleOfMan ran into. When I first looked at the screen, I didn't think the one we picked up (with about 2k miles on it) had nav on it, because it wasn't on the list of icons on the bottom of the screen. However, it *was* in the apps section, but it took going in there and then adding it to the bottom ourselves. I don't know if that's how they're coming from the factory, of if someone removed it to put something else down there, but I'm wondering if the same thing could have happened for IsleOfMan?

It's been quite a while since we've had a 300 because my wife didn't really like them, but I think a lot of that was residual dislike from past models. I honestly think the last time I had one was back in 2010 or so, and we took it out on the Loop road west of Miami, which back then, driving with a regular car might not have been one of the best options. (Think 20x30 "potholes" every couple hundred feet along the road filled with water. With kinda a chalky white colored dirt, that on a black 300 just really looked bad.) Back then, it was an ok car, but really felt kinda huge.

From my brief time in the new one, I definitely didn't feel that it has the huge feel that the car used to have. The cabin is real quiet, not much in the way of wind noise. Head-room is a bit iffy with the sunroof, that'd probably be an issue for me that would make it tough for me to buy one.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by piper28
Picked up a 300C this weekend, and I've got one other possibility for the Nav issue that IsleOfMan ran into. When I first looked at the screen, I didn't think the one we picked up (with about 2k miles on it) had nav on it, because it wasn't on the list of icons on the bottom of the screen. However, it *was* in the apps section, but it took going in there and then adding it to the bottom ourselves. I don't know if that's how they're coming from the factory, of if someone removed it to put something else down there, but I'm wondering if the same thing could have happened for IsleOfMan?
I actually realized this was the case on Thursday when I picked up a 300c from ATL... I'm so used to seeing it on the bottom from the '15 models I had, as well as Durangos and Grand Cherokees. I didn't add it to the bottom, just kept going back in to apps to get to it. Glad to know my previous experience was user error and not something I need to watch out for when selecting a car.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
How do you add it to the bottom? Last time I had the 300C I had to also go to apps to find the Nav.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:30 am

When you're in the apps area and have the nav icon visible, press and hold on the nav icon, and after a bit it will let you drag it to something you want to replace on the bottom row.

I don't know if they're shipping without nav on the bottom row or if someone has been removing it? It seems kinda silly to me if they ship it without it being there.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:47 am

I'd agree it's silly to not have it on the bottom row, but it's been like that on every '16 I've had now.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:11 pm

'16 Maxima is nice. Nosier than an Avalon XLE, but faster. The vehicle has FWD torque steer that is quite noticeable.

Originally Posted by qs933
I'm hoping to try a '16 Maxima soon. Haven't seen one yet at HNL, but I believe they are around.

In terms of the full list of PCARs, the Taurus Limited remains above the Subaru Legacy and Honda Accord LX that are also in the HNL fleet, but only because the Legacy and Accord are base models.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.