Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Counter service as Executive

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Counter service as Executive

I've got a weekend rental coming up at GEG which is a counter location. I've got a fullsize reservation for a pretty solid rate, but it's about $10 higher than the best fullsize rate I've found (from a competitor).

I much prefer to give my business to National, so here's the question: what's the uprgade situation at a counter location when I'm an Exec? Not EE, just regular Executive. Can I go scope the lot and ask for something in particular? I normally rent from MSP and their Exec aisle is always pretty nice, and well stocked.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A full sized car at the midsize rate is your Exec benefit at a counter location.

I certainly walk the lot and will ask for my preferred car in the full size class (or lower). Sometimes 'What else can you offer me at that rate?' yields a pleasant surprise.

But no, being Exec doesn't entitle you to anything on the lot.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Kind of what I figured. Like I said, I'm partial to National and I've had a wonderful experience at GEG the last two times I was there. I have no problem with a Fullsize, but I also wouldn't mind paying a slight upcharge for something a notch or two up.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you walk the lot and are ready to play the negotiated (paid) upgrade game you might find a treat. GEG was good to me last time through.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Bumpity bump:

I've managed to play the pricing game and secure two reservations: $48 all in for a fullsize and $72 all in for a premium. I could have gotten that $72 down much farther if I could apply a coupon, but alas I haven't found a coupon that works on a PCAR res. for only 3 days.

Since premium is the highest reservable class of car at GEG, as an EE I would think they will let me choose most anything (within reason and availability, of course). For $72 all told I won't complain regardless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.