Wiki Posts
Search

National at BOS

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
National at BOS

Any ideas for how to get a discount for a 3 day rental out of Logan in early July with no Saturday nte stay? None of my typical discounts work, not even EC (exec elite). Very high price. Quoted $300. Baporeciate any ideas.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:33 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Try a third party consolidator or Costco.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Not a member of Costco. Have tried sites like Priceline, Expedia, and four other so called car rental consolidators. Price was 2.5 to 3 times higher. Are there other consolidators that anyone has had luck with?

Last edited by Bartolo; May 2, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Old May 2, 2016, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
$100/day in BOS sounds about right for peak summer Premium inclusive of the various airport taxes and fees. If you don't have a corporate rate plus Emerald Exec to get that car at full size rate, you may be out of luck.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
$100/day in BOS sounds about right for peak summer inclusive of the various airport taxes and fees. If you don't have a corporate rate plus Emerald Exec to get that car at full size rate, you may be out of luck.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
$100/day in BOS sounds about right for peak summer Premium inclusive of the various airport taxes and fees. If you don't have a corporate rate plus Emerald Exec to get that car at full size rate, you may be out of luck.
Pricing was about $74/day plus tax for an intermediate class car. Hence the figure I mentioned.

Unclear about what you mean. EC exec elite got me nothing (except presumably the usual upgrade on EC aisle). Typically get an EC discount at point of booking. None of my coupons work because no Saturday nte stay....
Old May 3, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Is this 4th of July? Just curious because pricing seems reflective of peak holiday pricing.

What about Autoslash?
Old May 3, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Chase UR, National Emerald Club, Hertz Gold Plus
I've had pretty good luck with https://zalyn.com. Its like any other car rental search engine, but in addition to the rental car it also helps me find coupons and discounts for my rental car. I create a profile and select the discounts that apply to me (AAdvantage, Skymiles, BJs Club, Visa cardholder, etc) and it runs through the coupons to figure out which one apply to my rental.

You can find a list of National coupons here - https://zalyn.com/#!national-car-rental-deals, but I'll recommend going through their search engine. That way its easier to try out each coupon without typing in discount codes manually.

My company offers a ContractID for leisure rentals (w/o CDW) and I was able to add it to my profile as a "private coupon" and see how it compares vs the other discount codes.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all these suggestions!
Old May 3, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
Is this 4th of July? Just curious because pricing seems reflective of peak holiday pricing.

What about Autoslash?
Had never heard of Autoslash. Thanks for idea. Awaiting a quote. Re dates: yes p/up is 4 July.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Smile Follow up re National at BOS

No flex over many weeks of monitoring pricing. Second time this year that National has been substantially more than the competition. Discussed situation with EC and National. No give.

Cancelled and went with Avis (have Preferred with them). Price was more than 30% less. Too much of a difference to ignore. Car offerings fine. What I wanted was available, too.

Like National and their cars, but not that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.