Wiki Posts
Search

Legacy Website gone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Legacy Website gone?

https://legacy.nationalcar.com

seems to default to the new format website.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:31 am

This indeed seems to be the case. Strange that my 2 reservations (booked and confirmed on the legacy website) do not pop up on the new website, apparently the contract id that I used is no longer valid??? (I get an error message, customer not active)
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Looks like it. Ugh.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:59 am

Well, it was bound to happen. They must have seen how many reservations were coming in on the legacy url vs the new.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Southwest A List
Is there any trick to getting the new website to work? I can't even seem to get through the reservation process in chrome. Thought they would have worked this out by now.

Last edited by cmsteele62; Jan 5, 2016 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by cmsteele62
Is there any trick to getting the new website to work? I can't even seem to get through the reservation process in chrome. Thought they would have worked this out by now.
Can't log in using my username and password. Worked fine on the legacy site but now.....

Complain, complain and more either via customer service or on Facebook. The latter seems to get more attention.

Just when was looking to make some use out of OTF before it ends this nonsense starts.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:58 pm

Well, this might be just the thing that sends me back to Avis. I too am getting lots of error messages. It's not like National at PDX is particularly good, so if they make it this hard, I'm switching back.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:52 pm

ugh... I was hoping I was doing something wrong.

RIP
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Why after all this time are they unable or unwilling to get the new website working properly on a variety of web browsers?

Are they just lazy or flat out incompetent?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I'm not a fan of the new website + lately I've noticed National prices appear to be higher than completion. I've switched to others. This might be my last year as Executive.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I was speaking with someone not long ago about the site (perhaps on twitter) and they told me it was going away as of Jan 1.

I have been complaining about all the things I can't do on the new site, but it doesn't seem to change. I like the look and some parts of the new site, but if they can't get it to work properly.....

Trying to book one of my normal free days (as Exec Elite) but it takes away the option to book even a premium when I do that. Take out the free day and premium car is available to book. This happens all the time.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:18 am

I had a website glitch in my favor this week. When reserving a 21 day rental in LAS using the Emerald Club Members contract, I was originally quoted $1100 for an ICAR. Clicked through and the price changed to $640. I reserved it and tried to duplicate my results again on the website without luck. Picked up and sure enough, it was $640. Checked the legacy website while it was still up and it never quoted the cheaper $640 price.

Occasionally, I've found booking through the mobile app to work better than the new website as well. For instance, tried to use a free weekend day on a rental in COS and the website only showed CCAR and ICAR available. The app also gave me the option of FCAR and since ICAR was the cheapest category available at the time and I'm EE, I got the FCAR for the cheaper ICAR price.

Last edited by NCLSEA123; Jan 6, 2016 at 8:25 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:18 am

Here's the thing; called National EC this morning to complain and the telephone rep could access the "old site" without issues. In fact when she logs in that seemed to be the default as it required logging out and then in again to reach the new version.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Here's the thing; called National EC this morning to complain and the telephone rep could access the "old site" without issues. In fact when she logs in that seemed to be the default as it required logging out and then in again to reach the new version.
That's weird I just wonder what she's referring to as the "old site"
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:43 pm
Company Representative - National Car Rental

Hello! We'd be happy to look into your concerns regarding our new website. Please email us at [email protected] with your name, Emerald Club number, contact information, the exact details of the website issues you are encountering, and any screenshots you can provide and we will get this information over to our website development team right away.

Thanks!
Collin P.
Social Monitoring Coordinator
National

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.