Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Ride Report

I find National's order of the Renegade in Trailhawk trim odd, esp. if taking the Renegade offroad or towing a trailer voids your rental contract. However, it's still much nicer than a Jeep Compass/Patriot.

Great little SUV, but the 2.4L feels taxed when pushed.

Get the Limited trim if you want convenience features like power seats.

PROS:

- Fun to drive, exterior looks
- Much better than Jeep Compass/Patriot

CONS:

- 2.4L sometimes underpowered
- No power seats on Trailhawk trim

Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:11 am

where?!!

dying to drive this... where did you get it? are they coming to all national locations? every time i google it, google seems to ignore "renegade" and assume i meant "wrangler"
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I find National's order of the Renegade in Trailhawk trim odd, esp. if taking the Renegade offroad or towing a trailer voids your rental contract.
A lot of times the deal between rental agencies and manufacturers lets the manufacturers determine the fleet mix -- they don't want to flood the used market with models no one wants, and don't want to give up too many of their best sellers either.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minky42
dying to drive this... where did you get it? are they coming to all national locations? every time i google it, google seems to ignore "renegade" and assume i meant "wrangler"
IAD
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:38 pm

^^^ thanks ! hoping to see one here in boston someday. always wary of new models in their first year but i just can't get this one off my mind
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:03 am

What was this classified as, IFAR?

Personally I still have a hard time swallowing this as a Jeep. I just have a hard time believing that it'll be as capable off-road as a Jeep should be. (Then again, I have the same opinion of things like the Compass.)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piper28

Personally I still have a hard time swallowing this as a Jeep. I just have a hard time believing that it'll be as capable off-road as a Jeep should be. (Then again, I have the same opinion of things like the Compass.)
I just checked my receipt. It says Special Standard or is that Standard Special?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:58 am

Huh, now that's an odd classification.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
it can't be any worse than a compass. those things are horrible and very cheap feeling. i rented one two years ago, swore up and down i'd never do it again, but recently got stuck w/ one again at SJC when i needed a decent sized vehicle and nothing else that fit the bill was in the Exec Aisle.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I just checked my receipt. It says Special Standard or is that Standard Special?
Huh, now that's an odd classification.
Indeed, that is odd.

So question, what would one select when reserving, I only see the following classifications..
IFAR = Midsize SUV (Toyota RAV4 or similar)
SFAR = Standard SUV (Hyundai Santa Fe or similar)
FFAR = Fullsize SUV (Chevy Tahoe or similar)
WFAR = Luxury Elite SUV (BMW X5 or similar)
UFAR = Premium Elite SUV (Cadillac SRV or similar)
FGAR = Fullsize Crossover (Dodge Journey or similar)
PGAR = Premium Crossover (Buick Enclave or similar)
FJAR = Jeep Wrangler (4DR or similar)
IJAR = Jeep (Wrangler 2 DR or similar)

TS
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
I agree it is a better ride then I thought it would be. The bright red tow hooks looked like fangs on my navy body Jeep. The storage in the passenger seat bottom was cool. I'd rent again if I couldn't grab an Edge or Explorer.

They have a bunch of these in SEA.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:56 pm

I drove one of these today in LAS, pretty nice ride. Pulled it off of executive selection. This has been re-classed to CFAR (Compact SUV), as was indicated on my receipt. National's website hasn't been updated to reflect this yet, but Enterprise's has.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Thanks guys for the info that National/Enterprise has them in SEA and LAS.
Now I wonder two things,
1-if Alamo has them as well, and
2-if National/Enterprise/Alamo rents this vehicle in either LAX and anywhere in NYC. Every time I call their phone number, I never get a complete answer.

TS
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by twospirits
Thanks guys for the info that National/Enterprise has them in SEA and LAS.
Now I wonder two things,
1-if Alamo has them as well, and
2-if National/Enterprise/Alamo rents this vehicle in either LAX and anywhere in NYC. Every time I call their phone number, I never get a complete answer.

TS
I saw one on the EA the last time I rented from LAX. National/Alamo has so many vehicles in LAX almost every vehicle model purchased by EAN for the two companies will pass through LAX on a given day.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:55 pm

Renting a Jeep Renegade

Hi im renting a "compact Suv" from Enterprise in June. The description is Jeep Renegade or similar. Do any of you know what the "similar" could be?? Im renting from LAX. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.