Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National @ ANC - Customer Service Issues?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
National @ ANC - Customer Service Issues?

I had the most interesting experience returning a car at ANC (airport location).

We were returning a car around 2230 on a Thursday. The National returns area was about 8 cars deep. Unlike other National airport locations that I have returned at, nobody came out to greet me (and process the return with the electronic gizmo).

At first, I thought the location had closed because there was absolutely nobody in sight. So, I figured I would just drop the keys off in the drop box (which is typically by the booth).

I approached the booth and noticed a lady sitting there. The booth window was open slightly so I asked her if she could process me return and handed her the keys.

As she processed my return she asked me what the mileage was. I told her I didn't know. But, I did fill the tank full. She says: "I need mileage" and then she just stops typing and looks at me.

I guess that she expected me to walk back there and get the mileage reading. Was I off-base with that expectation? Because, I certainly didn't walk back there or offer to do so.

In the end she just "guessed" some mileage and punched some more keys. Then she asked if I needed a receipt. I said I did. Another big sigh. She had piled her lunch bags (yes, plural bags) all over the printer.

I guess I severely inconvenienced her.

I last rented from ANC about 7 years ago and I didn't remember the service being this awful.

Or am I being too critical?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
As you saw in my other post these folks just do not give a damn-period.
They know that they are wage slaves with no hope of advancement in the company-and that they have job security due to the fact that not a lot of folks want to work there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.