Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Month long rental challenge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Month long rental challenge

I am considering renting versus buying and was wondering if anyone here has had success with corporate rates on long term rentals (Monthly rate). Open to PM on codes. I have a few but am curious as to how they compare.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:57 pm

My corporate contract rate gives me a base rate of $795 for a midsize to $1,275 for a standard SUV on a monthly rate ($1,060-$1,612 all in). That would mean the break-even cost would be about 6 monthly rentals a year.

As well, my corporate rate doesn't include CDW. Given that nearly all credit cards in Canada have a provision that nullifies CDW coverage if you have car rentals for 48 or so consecutive days, I highly doubt that renting is the cheaper option.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
With my corp rate (pre-tax):
Full size $549/mo
Premium $567/mo

I rent from the same (non-aisle) location, so I can generally grab anything off the lot on a fcar/pcar reservation. Last week, I was able to grab a $70K Infiniti QX80.

That would certainly be worth renting vs buying.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:29 pm

please help!

paying $900 all in per month (for a midsize) after taxes and fees, $700 before that. can anyone PM a better rate? I really could use the code, and it'll be a great help.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Mine is 680$ a month pre tax; looking to see if I can lower it a bit more. Would appreciate any PM's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.