- Even more loaded than the ’15 Suburban LT
- Better suspension than Tahoe
- Cavernous interior
- Power folding 2nd/3rd row seats

CONS:

- Gynormous dimensions
- Fuel economy ain’t great
- Brake/Gas pedal travel

CONCLUSION: A more luxurious Chevy Suburban.

With the arrival of Yukons and Yukon Denalis(!!), I think I'd have to rank my choice of big PFARs/FFARs as the following:

Yukon Denali
Yukon SLT
Yukon XL Denali
Yukon XL SLT/Suburban LTZ
Suburban LT
Tahoe LT
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That is really nice! I can only imagine how well-equipped the Denali is, and look forward to your RR for that

When will you rent the new Escalade?

-J.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Is the navigation independent of OnStar? What trim level is required for stand-alone Navigation on the Tahoe/Suburban?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:21 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Is the navigation independent of OnStar? What trim level is required for stand-alone Navigation on the Tahoe/Suburban?
LT and up. I think it's fleet only though; it appears from Chevy's website that for consumer sales navigation requires the Sun, Entertainment & Destinations package (despite appearing as a +$495 standalone add on).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
LT and up. I think it's fleet only though; it appears from Chevy's website that for consumer sales navigation requires the Sun, Entertainment & Destinations package (despite appearing as a +$495 standalone add on).
On the GMC website, you can add Nav without adding the Sun, Entertainment and Destinations package. A popup box will appear asking if you want to add S,E & D, which you can then deselect and choose the Nav as a standalone option.

The 3D maps feature was handy!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I had a 2015 Tahoe LTZ earlier this week. It had 124 miles on the odometer and a $65k sticker price. It was a pleasant find on RDU's Executive Aisle!

I put about 600 miles on it in the span of 24 hours. For the trip, I got 20.2 MPG, but that's mainly highway, doing 65-75 MPH.

The steering was very light for such a large vehicle. The blind spot sensors and vibrating seat warnings were a big help.

The non-OnStar navigation worked well, but didn't align with Google Maps' planned route from my phone. It did alert of traffic and weather changes automatically. Sirius radio was activated.

The 3rd row seats fold flat with a push button. The 2nd row captains chairs fold down and flip forward with a push button. The rear gate opens and closes by remote button, and the rear gate glass opens by remove button also.

The A/C seats were strong!

Unfortunately, the driver's side temp control display had some dead pixels, the driver's side mirror wouldn't tilt downward, and the column shifter made some scary clicking/cracking noises when being actuated. I always remind myself it's a rental car, but some of these quality issues shouldn't happen in a vehicle with 125 miles on the clock.

I'd rent one again. For a large vehicle, it got good gas mileage and was very comfortable for such a long trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.