Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 1- May 31, 2014 Florida drive out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
I'm driving out in April. Check MIA Enterprise. Thanks to Auto Enthusiast. Renting in downtown Miami saves about $80.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Is the Florida Drive-Out promotion still valid?

I am looking to drive a vehicle out of South Florida sometime in mid-April — preferably a sport utility vehicle or a mini-van; but a cursory initial search has proven to be unsuccessful for me.

After another check, I notice that Avis has a similar promotion with the same promotional rates for the dates at which I am searching...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:41 pm

National has been advertising the Driveout promo for quite some time, so the inventory of cars they need moved may have been depleted at the particular station you've selected. Can you select another location?

I have an annual trip during that period and have been able to take advantage of the driveout pricing for several years now. This time around I'm paying $480 for a minivan, for 19 days. Phenomenal.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by everDraed
Can you select another location?
I rented from Avis.

In addition to the pricing generally being the same, there is a local office of Avis located not far from where I am based — as opposed to the closest National Car Rental office — which will be much more convenient in terms of returning the car.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Had an excellent Florida Drive-out experience.

I booked a one-day, one-way from Virginia to JAX using a 1-2-Free day, followed by a 1-week JAX-Virginia using the driveout rate.

For the first rental, I asked about an upgrade to a minivan, and they gave me a very new, fully loaded Town and Country, with satellite, DVD player, and wireless headphone system. Upgrade cost was $11.

At JAX, I asked if it would be possible for me to just keep the existing vehicle, i.e., process the return and new rental using the same car. They said yes!

So I got a fully-loaded minivan for our entire 8-day trip, returning the same vehicle back to Virginia. Pretty much defeated National's intent for the drive-out, but got an awesome deal of $90 bucks for the entire rental, including the $11 upgrade cost and all taxes/fees. I was also able to apply the $20-off coupon for a weekly rental, that kept the cost so low.

^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.