Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2014 Chevy Impala Limited LT Review/Ride Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:02 am
Original Poster

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...la-limited-lt/

FCAR
18/30

PROS:

- 3.6L engine
- Comfortable front seats
- Interior room
- Trunk space

CONS:

- Brake pedal too stiff
- No Sirius XM, USB
- No remote keyless entry
- Last century exterior/interior design

CONCLUSION: The old bodystyle Impala remains as a fleet-only “classic”.

This Impala Limited was difficult to find! Had seen primarily new bodystyle Impalas over the last few months.

The ES attendant was baffled as to why I'd want to rent one. So was I, so was I.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Nice to see a ride report after JZ.. had mentioned these "leftovers" the other day. Was wondering if/where they were badged limited.

Down here in FL there are still plenty of old body style Imapala's being rented. Most of them are not the LTZ trim either. I am guessing I overlooked the limited badge before thinking it was the flex fuel badge.

I had a 13 LTZ last week and 14 LT this week. While the 14 was probably better in every other way I believe the 13 might have soaked up bumps a little nicer on the highway.

Thanks for your effort as usual!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I had a 14 LTZ with leather & sunroof from PHL a few weeks ago. Its fine for what it is.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
I had a 14 LTZ with leather & sunroof from PHL a few weeks ago. Its fine for what it is.
And what is it exactly?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
And what is it exactly?
A typical rental car - ECAR perhaps?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
A typical rental car - ECAR perhaps?
On second thought, you're right. I think I'd prefer an Impala Limited to a Dodge Charger.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:41 pm

Maybe Peter's Impala from PHL was one-wayed to DCA, and Dr. Zoidberg is now driving it. Just like when I returned a Grand Caravan one-way from NJ to DCA, and the next week, a van matching its description was on Dr. Zoidberg's list of vehicles spotted in the ES.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Why would you of all people rent one of these?!?

And a lowball LT trim too... even my Hertz people wouldn't do that to me!

Very surprised that there was no keyless entry -- perhaps the fob was just missing? I thought that was standard on Impalas, even the LS trims.

LTZ trims do exist. So do ones with XM (now active vs. inactive XM is a different argument, but they can/do come equipped). Would you have preferred one of those?

-J.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL GE
MCI: You can have any car you wish as long as it is an Impala and silver....
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL GE
ORD: We turned in all our 300s and Taurus's and got these new Impala's....

Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Good news everyone! The Impala Limited will continue on until 2016. Hahaha.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just picked up one of these this evening at SLC from Hertz. The carfirmation showed an actual 2014 Impala in the picture, and of all people I should have known better. Oh well, it's better than the 2012 (yes 2012!) Malibu 1LT I was originally assigned. But I guess you can be proud of me now, I no longer am a fan

I should have just walked away and canceled my rental instead of taking this. Those cloth seats are just straight-up ghetto. Mine does have a key remote with remote start, and a sunroof too. I'm going to bring it back in the morning when the agent I usually deal with is there.

-J.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I just picked up one of these this evening at SLC from Hertz. The carfirmation showed an actual 2014 Impala in the picture, and of all people I should have known better. Oh well, it's better than the 2012 (yes 2012!) Malibu 1LT I was originally assigned. But I guess you can be proud of me now, I no longer am a fan

I should have just walked away and canceled my rental instead of taking this. Those cloth seats are just straight-up ghetto. Mine does have a key remote with remote start, and a sunroof too. I'm going to bring it back in the morning when the agent I usually deal with is there.

-J.
I was about to say, I thought you loved the old bodystyle Impalas?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I was about to say, I thought you loved the old bodystyle Impalas?
As you said yourself, it handles alright and isn't so uncomfortable. The fact that it doesn't have a USB port though is what pushes me over to the side of not wanting it.

Though I just went out for a bit. That 3.6L is simply a masterpiece in engineering...

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jan 12, 2014 at 12:45 am
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:46 pm

Ended up with one of these this month, although we did end up with an LTZ model (we had a choice between this or a 13 malibu, and I'm not a big fan of those). On the plus side, my wife was happy that at least it has heated seats, which on the day we picked it up, was a major plus (I had an open can of coke when we dropped off the old rental, walked into the airport (couple hundred feet), did the paperwork to pick up the new car, came back out, walked around the car quickly, and by the time I got in the car, there was ice in the coke.)

LTZ makes it more tolerable as a rental, with the aforementioned heated seats, it does have keyless remote (with remote start), but not keyless ignition. My wife says it has the worst bluetooth dialing of the cars we've had yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.