- Optional sunroof mitigates claustrophobia
- Muscle car fun

CONS:

- Honda Prelude-like taillights
- Limited headroom
- Some cheap plastic interior materials remain
- Coupe induced claustrophobia

CONCLUSION:
Controversial exterior styling for 2014. Still drives the same.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:17 am

Well, they obviously listened to the people that said the rear end of the Corvette looked too much like a Camaro. Although changing the rear end of the Camaro isn't the solution that I'd have gone for myself.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piper28
Well, they obviously listened to the people that said the rear end of the Corvette looked too much like a Camaro. Although changing the rear end of the Camaro isn't the solution that I'd have gone for myself.
Ditto. I think they could've kept the Camaro as it was and still provided sufficient differentiation from the Corvette.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
- Honda Prelude-like taillights
I see what you're getting at, but I can't help but think this does disservice to the legacy of the Prelude
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:54 pm

I thought it looked like an 80s or 90s Caddy. Not sure.

But yes, it looks like the Honda Prelude.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:35 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

From what I've read, there were no interior changes (except the color heads up display). Unfortunately, the interior is what needed the update, not minimal styling on the front/back ends.

What do y'all think of this new rear-view mirror? I had it in the 2013 and HATED it. I really disliked that there were red/blue/white lights in it that are rather bright (at night) and there's no way to turn them off. After ~3 hours of late-night driving (after a full day of flying, and arriving without luggage), I was ready to cut the cable to the RV mirror to turn it off.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
From what I've read, there were no interior changes (except the color heads up display). Unfortunately, the interior is what needed the update, not minimal styling on the front/back ends.

What do y'all think of this new rear-view mirror? I had it in the 2013 and HATED it. I really disliked that there were red/blue/white lights in it that are rather bright (at night) and there's no way to turn them off. After ~3 hours of late-night driving (after a full day of flying, and arriving without luggage), I was ready to cut the cable to the RV mirror to turn it off.
I'd like to see what the new color heads up display looks like! Had a monocolor one on the SS, and that worked very effectively.

The frameless rearview mirror doesn't bother me so much as the fact that the camaro needs a rearview camera because the back end is so big.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:57 pm

Drove one of these a few weeks ago. Not sure if it was 2015 or 2014, but if you have any luggage it's garbage. In order for the top to go down you have to adjust a bizarre shade in the trunk, severely cutting the trunk's capacity. Didn't realize this when I was at the rental location.

I currently have a 2015 or 2016 Mustang, which is much better in almost every aspect (especially when it comes to the trunk).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.