Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee

I have completed a rental where the reservation was made on 8/14, pickup on 8/16, return on 8/20 in the evening, maybe 12 hours after I registered.

Assuming the 12F points don't post, I would conclude that my rental did not qualify due to one of the following, all of which could potentially be interpreted by the 12F T&Cs:
1. It did not include two days within the promo period.
2. It was not picked up before after the promo period began.
3. I had not registered before I made the reservation (meaning that "pre-registration" was not actual registration).
4. I had not registered before I picked up the reservation (meaning that "pre-registration" was not actual registration).

For those saying that T&Cs are perfectly clear, I disagree.
I would think #1 is the most plausible explanation, with #2 then #4 following.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
So as a data point, I had "preregistered" a couple months ago, and then "registered" again the morning of 8/20 when the website opened.

I have completed a rental where the reservation was made on 8/14, pickup on 8/16, return on 8/20 in the evening, maybe 12 hours after I registered.

I immediately received normal rental credits for this rental, but did not receive 12F points. I seem to remember last year that the 12F points posted at about the same time as the rental credits.

Assuming the 12F points don't post, I would conclude that my rental did not qualify due to one of the following, all of which could potentially be interpreted by the 12F T&Cs:
1. It did not include two days within the promo period.
2. It was not picked up before the promo period began.
3. I had not registered before I made the reservation (meaning that "pre-registration" was not actual registration).
4. I had not registered before I picked up the reservation (meaning that "pre-registration" was not actual registration).

For those saying that T&Cs are perfectly clear, I disagree.
Regular credits post instantly.. 12F are updated regularly. Be patient.

Ron.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I would think #1 is the most plausible explanation, with #2 then #4 following.
Perhaps, but the point is with clearer T&C, there would be no question.

Also, thanks for fixing my before/after goof on #2

Originally Posted by newfbc
Regular credits post instantly.. 12F are updated regularly. Be patient.

Ron.
If they do, I'll certainly report back. But I'm not really expecting them to.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold
If I book 2 separate booking for 2 days each at the same location will they count towards 600 points (aka 1 Free rental day) or just 300 points?
I have a 4 day rental every week (Mon AM - Thur PM) and I am trying to double my earnings. Is that possible?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ramkashyap
If I book 2 separate booking for 2 days each at the same location will they count towards 600 points (aka 1 Free rental day) or just 300 points?
I have a 4 day rental every week (Mon AM - Thur PM) and I am trying to double my earnings. Is that possible?
You would need to get the location to close the first contract and then open a second one, which at some locations may require you actually returning with the car (depends on how much the station manager wants to work with you).

If you combine the rentals at pickup, they'll just issue a single RA and it will only count as one rental.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
You would need to get the location to close the first contract and then open a second one, which at some locations may require you actually returning with the car (depends on how much the station manager wants to work with you).

If you combine the rentals at pickup, they'll just issue a single RA and it will only count as one rental.
Consecutive rentals from the same location earn an extra credit when the check in / check out is on the same date??? Didn't think that was policy (although it has been known to credit by mistake)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:11 pm

Thanks. I will try out this week and see how it goes.
I was thinking of making a trip to the location, return and pickup a new vehicle under a new contract anyway. Did not expect making 2 reservations and keep the car for 4 days and get 600 points.
Same day return/pickup at the same location might not throw it off.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments
Consecutive rentals from the same location earn an extra credit when the check in / check out is on the same date??? Didn't think that was policy (although it has been known to credit by mistake)
Yeah, they might combine them the same way hotels combine two back-to-back stays at the same property.

What I was trying to say that if the two rentals are combined at pickup, they are guaranteed to only count as one. You have to close-old/open-new contract midway through to even have a chance of the system giving double credit.

Not worth the hassle, IMO, but to each their own.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:30 pm

Yeah, they might combine them the same way hotels combine two back-to-back stays at the same property.

What I was trying to say that if the two rentals are combined at pickup, they are guaranteed to only count as one. You have to close-old/open-new contract midway through to even have a chance of the system giving double credit.

Not worth the hassle, IMO, but to each their own.
I agree. During weekdays, I work in a remote place where I got nothing to do after work. The airport is 8 mins from work and the hotel is <10 mins from the airport. Will try this week and report back here how it went. Thanks for the inputs though!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:32 pm

Does anyone know if rentals through Enterprise qualify?

/EDIT: Shoot, sorry guys, I found the FAQ. I didn't know there was a separate site. Glad our rates are the same between Enterprise and National.

Last edited by Chingyul; Aug 28, 2015 at 3:18 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
One Way Rentals Do Not Qualify??

So I pre-registered...Got the e-mail on the 20AUG saying I was all set for One Two Free

Did a One Way Rental on the 20AUG from Harrisburg to NYC 44th street returning 22AUG. Rental never posted on one two free.

Called today and first was told that One Way Rentals do not count. Agent said it was in the T&C. (Of which I had on the screen and said nothing about one way rentals not counting). Told agent this. Agent then says that its rentals from qualifying locations. I then ask the following:

So its not a One Way Rental that makes this unqualified its the location I pick up and/or return to? So if that's the case, I could do a rent/return at the same location, and not qualify because its not a qualifying location?

With that being said, is there a list of qualifying locations because I cannot see anything in the FAQs OR your terms and conditions that state what location qualifies or doesn't?

Her response was "You have to ask the location if they qualify."

I responded "That's deceptive at best. If a location does not qualify a list of non-qualifying locations [like Hilton does every quarter] should be made public so I can make the right decision."

At this point she gave up and asked if I wanted to speak to a loyalty program manager about this. She took down my phone number, gave me a reference code and didn't even bother to tell me when I should expect a call.

TL;DR - One Way Rentals may not qualify and/or there's a mysterious list of non participating locations that is not made public. Buyer Beware.

I'll post an update once I speak to a manager about this.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:18 pm

If I recall correctly, this question came up last year. Several people posted screenshots of their receipts refuting the claim that one-ways don't qualify. There is nothing in the T&Cs that says this, and there is no seemingly logical reason why they would not. If anything, you'd expect one-ways would bring in more revenue, and probably profit.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
If I recall correctly, this question came up last year. Several people posted screenshots of their receipts refuting the claim that one-ways don't qualify. There is nothing in the T&Cs that says this, and there is no seemingly logical reason why they would not. If anything, you'd expect one-ways would bring in more revenue, and probably profit.
i believe i got credit for a few one ways during last year's promo, but i'd have to look back and see. i often rent one way in the NYC area...in fact i am planning 2 one way rentals right now.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Update - Now the rental began the day before I picked it up

So here's an update. On the 4th I tweeted something to the effect of how long it would take to get a manager to call me back and national did respond asking for
  • Emerald Club #
  • Rental Agreement #
  • Telephone Reference #

So I e-mailed it to their social media team's e-mail address they provided and waited over the weekend. Today I get a response.
I have reviewed the details of your rental and it appears to me that the reason this rental did not earn points was the start date of August 19 is before the beginning of the promotional period. Please also make sure that you have registered for this promotion by visiting www.emeraldclubpromos.com because points are not awarded for rentals made prior to your registration date.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Now, if you recall...I rented on the 20th. My RA nationalcar.com shows my pickup on the 20th. So I respond with the following:
Thank you for your response. However, I do not agree with your assessment that the rental in question (RA# XXXXXXXXX) began on the 19th of August for two reasons.

1 - The final rental receipt as posted on nationalcar.com clearly shows that I picked up the car on August 20th - the first day of the promotion.

2 - I could not have picked up a car in Harrisburg PA on the 19th as I was in Chicago, IL on the 19th with a rental that was returned on the 20th. I flew direct from Chicago to Harrisburg on the 20th where I picked up this rental in question.

I have attached the receipt from nationalcar.com showing that I picked up a car at your Harrisburg location on the 20th of August.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible regarding my missing rental credit for your One Two Free promotion.
For those of you counting, this is reason #3 that I've been told my rental doesn't count as part of this promotion. This is starting to get ridiculous.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Trying to maximize 12F points by booking using the mobile app.

Using the mobile app, the corporate account code I use returns an error stating "this account has expired".

Booking the reservation through the website returns no issues/errors and the correct daily rates.

Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.