Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Which locations of National/Alamo are still franchises as of mid-2018?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor

In the past few months, a very welcome change has come about in that a number of previously franchised National/Alamo locations had their franchise agreements terminated and were taken over by corporate.

It seems like at least some of Midwest Car Corp's locations are now corporate. I am not clear if they got to keep their franchise locations in WI and IN but had their agreement terminated at their others like SLC, BOI, ICT, CMH, etc. or what.

It also appears the location in Anchorage is now corporate, that was also previously a franchise location.

I believe they also had a fairly large franchisee in Montana. I am not clear if those are corporate locations now too?

So I wonder which are left that are franchises still?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:39 am

MKE had an awful selection this summer consisting solely of Impalas and Malibus on the aisle. When I asked for an SUV they said they had to charge. Then I tried renting from Enterprise and learned the hard way that this location is not eligible for EmeraldClub credit. So hopefully they did not get to keep their WI locations... because it's in need of serious improvement.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
The Montana franchise was alive and well in Missoula as of the end of July. My EE status may have gotten me a better car than I reserved (Miid SUV, instead of Mid car), but it did nothing for the fact that they were essentially out of cars and we had to wait in a queue for ~45 minutes until one became available. It's also possible that the Midsize SUV was the next car available after they had dealt with the 5 or so groups waiting in front of us.

I love Montana; National CS there is not great.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
ICT National is still a franchise as of today... with a pretty limited fleet at this time...
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:53 pm

XNA, although admittedly the car selection is much improved
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by B-HQC
XNA, although admittedly the car selection is much improved
is anc still a franchise location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.