Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

To use or not to use my contract ID - underage driver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL GM, National Executive, Marriott Silver

So I'm planning a trip to SMF/Lake Tahoe in August and I'm going to need a rental car. I am under 25, but I have an excellent coo corporate contract id from work. My contract id has excellent rates, no underage driver fee, and full ldw. My question is should I be fine to book a car for a non-business trip with this rate?

My real concern would be what to do if I were in an accident. My personal insurance would cover me but I don't know if there would be any issues since the ldw is part of the rate and from my business.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
That would depend on the company. For my company, we can use it on leisure rentals, for other companies you can not. I would talk to travel department on HR for your company and see what their policy is.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL GM, National Executive, Marriott Silver
That's what i was thinking of doing. If that doesn't work out, does any one have a suggestion for an under age driver with national? Or any other company for that matter.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by fauszdm
That's what i was thinking of doing. If that doesn't work out, does any one have a suggestion for an under age driver with national? Or any other company for that matter.
Enterprise has been good to me in my underage days. It's been a few (and just a few!) years though, so I'd have another look to make sure they're still youngster-friendly.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:50 pm

I am under 25 and I use the Car and Driver ID code for all my rentals. It is XVC1092. It doesn't include LDW so it is "safe". As always with the IDs, use it at your own risk, but I've never been questioned for using it and it is (supposedly) for "readers of Car and Driver magazine". Worst that could happen is they deny your use of it, and you would have to pay the underage fee, but I have never heard of that happening to anyone here.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:27 pm

Hertz Underage Coupon PC 144314

free Hertz Gold Family, hertz.com/goldfamily

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.