Search

What convertible will i get in SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:55 am
Original Poster

What convertible will i get in SFO?

hey guys,
im planning a trip to SF in september.
i was able to find a great deal for convertible car with a 3rd party site. (i don't know if i'm allowed to mention it here).
anyways, the deal is a convertible with choice selection in Natioanl-car-rent.

a few questions:
1. any of you know what cars are offered in sfo?
2. any of you had a good/bad experience with alamo at sfo?
3. i'm coming from SF city center to pickup the car. where should i exactly go?

thanks
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
I hope your experience is better than today. Had a reservation with Hertz but went to check National first... no cars... same at Alamo... long line with no cars in the EA or ES and very few even in the ER... they were trying to bring cars up as fast as they could but couldn't keep up with the demand. Busy Summer Rush...

September should be better for you though.

All Major Rental Car Agencies, including National and Alamo, are located in the rental car center. If you are driving from the City you take 101 SB to the San Bruno Ave. Exit and follow the signs to the Pick-Up Parking Area (Do NOT turn at the rental car return street... go one block past it to make a left).

Easiest way to get there without a car would be to take BART (subway/metro) from Downtown to the SFO Airport Station. From there you connect to the SFO Airtrain and take the Blue Line Airtrain to the rental car center. National and Alamo are both on the 4th floor of the garage (same level as the counters).
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.
I will take the Bart to sfo.

Any idea about their convertible fleet (Alamo or national) in the airport?
How is their service?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:16 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
National currently has mostly Chrysler 200's, Mustangs (V6), and Camaros (V6) in their convertible fleet right now. Not much else, regardless of what airport you're at (domestically speaking). Of those three I prefer the 2014 Mustang, a nice driver especially for long trips. The Camaro handles really well but is cramped and has a rough ride. The Chryslers are, well, boring. In Canada (YUL) they had Mustang 5.0 GT's (FUN!), but haven't seen them stateside at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.