Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at TUL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm probably going to be in TUL sometime next month. I've just started a new job which has a corporate code, but so far the corporate code from my old job is still working. The old corp rate with ES is getting me PCARs for less than the ES ICAR/SCAR/FCAR price on my new company's rate.

I checked with my boss and he's fine with me booking PCARs on my old company's code as long as it's the same or less than an ICAR/SCAR/FCAR on the new company code... until the old code stops work, I'll keep doing so, ESPECIALLY in locations like TUL that make up their own rules on what makes ES.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Thursday 4pm. VIP was a Caddy. ES was a Rogue and a '14 Escape Titanium! Didn't check out the EA, as I needed a SUV, and yeah the Escape Titanium is one of my favorite cars, especially when it has the 2.0L engine! Realized this is my fourth Ford in a row. Had Fusion Titanium, Taurus Limited Plus, and now Escape Titanium!

Last edited by KevinMD; Nov 21, 2013 at 4:24 pm Reason: more info
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:01 pm

picked up sat around noon, ES had a wonderful selection of captivas.....(yay) emerald aisle had usual suspects, malibus, camry, 13 impala etc. There was 3 14' impala LT, and 4 Taurus limiteds, and a 300c sitting in VIP. Took the 300 from VIP with working XM.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Pyridoxine
picked up sat around noon, ES had a wonderful selection of captivas.....(yay) emerald aisle had usual suspects, malibus, camry, 13 impala etc. There was 3 14' impala LT, and 4 Taurus limiteds, and a 300c sitting in VIP. Took the 300 from VIP with working XM.
Was there this afternoon returning the Escape. The ES was 2x Captiva's and a Tucson. I don't mind having small SUV's especially in the winter when it is cold and snow/ ice is in the area, but must the Captivas be LS trim?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:03 am

Cars at TUL

The reasoning I got from manager, is that the person over this district has basically said nothing else ever in Es besides captivas or similar low trim SUV that cost the same as the emerald aisle full size cars. Also, making sure that upgrades are never given beyond the two car classes we are given by booking an intermediate to activate the aisle, and being "upgraded" to a full size. Basically they are just tossing out the idea of Es and only giving the most extreme minimum of car selection, and selling upgrades beyond that.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Pyridoxine
The reasoning I got from manager, is that the person over this district has basically said nothing else ever in Es besides captivas or similar low trim SUV that cost the same as the emerald aisle full size cars. Also, making sure that upgrades are never given beyond the two car classes we are given by booking an intermediate to activate the aisle, and being "upgraded" to a full size. Basically they are just tossing out the idea of Es and only giving the most extreme minimum of car selection, and selling upgrades beyond that.
This does stink. What's the ER-PREM selection normally like here?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
This does stink. What's the ER-PREM selection normally like here?
Lot of Taurus Limited, Lacrosse, Genesis, 300, the usual selection.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by KevinMD
Lot of Taurus Limited, Lacrosse, Genesis, 300, the usual selection.
I guess I'll stick with PCAR reservations for sure at this location. For ~$5/day difference, I'll take any of the above over a Captiva of any trim level (coming from a former Saturn VUE owner).
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:32 pm

Tuesday 4pm. Very barren. VIP Lincoln MKZ with $50 day upgrade tag.
ES 1x Tucson. EA 2x200, Focus, Passat. Got to counter also offered a CompASS. Was hoping for larger SUV, so asked about Equinox, was told extra $11 a day. After about e30 seconds of typing was told, "I will give it to you today". Was using a one two free day, so I guess it was messing her up.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:34 pm

Returned the Equinox this afternoon. VIP was a Camaro for $25 a day upgrade. ES was 2x Tucson and a Captiva 1LT. Did see my Escape Titanium mixed in with the SUV's.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:01 pm

Thursday 10am. Same Camaro in upgrade area and a Caddy. ES was a Captiva LS and EA was an Avenger. Was also offered a Rav4, which I took. Hate such little offering when standard SUV is loaded with pick your color Journey, Equiniox 2lT, Pathfinder, and Acadia.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:15 am

Saturday 9am. Too cold to do much looking around. Temps were single digits. Something in VIP. ES was empty except for a dirty T&C. EA was usual suspects. Only one rental short of enough free days for Christmas vacation, and wasn't going anywhere, so took the biggest POS they had that needed ride report. Took a stripped '14 Avenger SE with 3,000 miles.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by KevinMD
Saturday 9am. Too cold to do much looking around. Temps were single digits. Something in VIP. ES was empty except for a dirty T&C. EA was usual suspects. Only one rental short of enough free days for Christmas vacation, and wasn't going anywhere, so took the biggest POS they had that needed ride report. Took a stripped '14 Avenger SE with 3,000 miles.
You know...we DO need a '14 Avenger Ride Report.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
You know...we DO need a '14 Avenger Ride Report.
Already took the pictures.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:52 pm

Returned the Avenger and was checking out the larger fleet for an upcoming trip. They had an Enclave with a $50 a day upgrade tag on it, and an Escalade with a $75 a day upgrade on it. Using my free ES days, so I am hoping to get an Enclave, as we are driving to NJ. The PGAR is not model reservable at TUL, but the Tahoe is, so hoping to get something nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.