Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DAL (Love Field)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:45 pm

Well, I have become a Dallas local as of a few months ago. I have been renting during weekends when the LMS rated are DIRT CHEAP to pick up some extra free days and start working in my 2015 status. I don't have much room to complain when I am paying $25 all in for a whole weekend, but both DAL and DFW have been pitiful lately.

Dal, pick up on Friday or Thursday night is usually either completely devoid of cars, or bare minimum in the aisles. This Friday it was an Impala (LTZ though), a couple of malibus, an Equinox, 2 Santa Fe's and a pickup. All cars from the wash we're going straight to Alamo. All vehicles on the aisles were high milage, smoked out, or both. I ended up getting a Fusion Titanium brought up for me after requesting it from a porter who asked what I was looking for. It had 9000 miles and was smokey. My friend who was on a milage run with me ended up getting a Durango Limited with 4,000 miles that pulled up right as I was leaving. The people at this location are great, but the selection is always pitiful, which stings even more due to the fact that they always have tons of cars piled up not in use on weekends.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:01 pm

Did the last 1-2 Free mile run with my friend tonight. Got to the aisle and found about 6 vehicles on the ES including a Malibu, '15 Sonata, a couple other cars not worth remembering, a rogue and a wrangler soft top. My friend took the Wrangler, it had about 7,000 miles. I was not impressed with the other selections so I inquired with the lot agent regarding the row of Yukons/Tahoes/Suburbans off to the side. He said if I found keys in any I could take it, but that he would try to find keys to the locked ones inside after he helped another customer. I found a '15 Suburban LT with 7,000 miles that had keys, so I took that. Not a bad upgrade for a $33 all in weekend rental!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Does this location have the high end cars, like Maserati?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
You would be better off renting at the DFW airport location. I haven't seen too many exotics at National, period, but DFW would have more cars I assume. Coastercameron rents often from DAL, he could give you the best info, send him a PM.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:37 pm

DFW has maserattis and some upgraded sports cars. That is about the extent of the "unusual" cars I've seen there. DAL usually has some infinitis available for upgrades, but I've never seen more than one out at a time.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
DFW has maserattis and some upgraded sports cars. That is about the extent of the "unusual" cars I've seen there. DAL usually has some infinitis available for upgrades, but I've never seen more than one out at a time.
Besides being more expensive, anything I need to know about getting those exotic cars? I"m Executive status, if that helps.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:22 pm

It doesn't matter what status you are. They are out there "premium selection" style with upgrade tags. Ask a lot attendant (if you can find one!) and they might be able to arrange other upgrades.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:07 pm

It doesn't matter what status you are. They are out there "premium selection" style with upgrade tags. Ask a lot attendant (if you can find one!) and they might be able to arrange other upgrades.
Ok, thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:08 am

The people at this location are great, but the selection is always pitiful, which stings even more due to the fact that they always have tons of cars piled up not in use on weekends.
I have to agree. I do my best to never fly through DFW because DAL is so much more convenient, and so I end up at the National DAL once or twice a month. It's reached the point where I just grab the first car on the row because the selection is all bad. I don't even bother walking down the aisle any more.

A coworker got a new Mustang last week, and that's kinda neat if you don't mind a small car, but everything else on the Executive aisle lately is old, dirty, generic high-mileage econoboxes and small SUVs that don't offer any more room than a Malibu. Also I pretty much never find a car with leather seats any more. Cloth seats in a rental car kind of gross me out (and really hang on to stains and smells) but oh well.

I may have to start using Uber more.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:54 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by jackgt

I may have to start using Uber more.
Right, because Uber is the model of clean, germ free vehicles
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:19 am

Picked up yesterday at 4:00pm. The lot was picked clean. Five cars on the entire lot.

ES
1 Chevy Traverse
1 Nissan Pathfinder

EA
1 Jeep Laredo
1 Jeep Cherokee
1 Chevy Equinox

No cars in PS, or reserve aisles, except about 5 12/15 seater's ford models.

Was looking for a 8 seater Suburban. Mike the fleet manager went looking to see what they had. He didn't find any but upgraded me to a 2016 Cadillac Escalade and I told him whatever car he could find for the other executive person and got a 2014 Chevy Impala Limited.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Thursday at about 2:30 PM EA was almost empty. ES had two Jeep Wranglers, a Cherokee, a Sonata and a few Tuscons. Tried to take a BWM suv or Camaro convertible that were in the "VIP" area, but no go. Pretty pathetic selection, to be honest. Took a brand new 2WD Tuscon, which was nice enough, but not up to what I'm used to for ES.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:40 am

Picked up Friday May 20 around 9pm -- EA and EE were loaded. EE had multiple small Jeep's, a brand new Ford Edge (that was already taken), a pickup and some mid- and full-size cars. I took a Jeep Patriot.

Driving around though I hated the car .. there was zero visibility in it. Since had to be near DAL anyways on Saturday morning, I went it for a swap. The agent said, I'm not first to complain about the patriot.

On Saturday late morning, EA had two minivans and that was it. They let me take from EE with no issues and I took a Dodge Charger, higher mileage but drives great. EE also had some huge pickups, and small SUVs.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:35 pm

Decent selection

Arrived late on a Thursday night and the EE was full. Big mix of cars but nothing super special. Malibus, couple Impalas, several Frontiers, couple base model Challengers, couple Camrys, couple Altimas. I took a nicely loaded 300C.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:12 pm

Picked up late last night. Nothing too memorable.

ES

1x Charger
1x Challenger
1x Impala
4x Dodge Journey
1x Dodge Durango
1x Grand Caravan
2x Nissan Rogue
4x Small Pickup's

EA
4x Jeep Patriot
1x Jeep Grand Cherokee
2x Dodge Grand Caravan
2x Chrysler 200
1x Small Pickup

Two Execs so picked up a Minivan and Journey since we needed the luggage space. Noticed a Escalade and Infiniti Q70 parked directly across the Executive Aisle on the Alamo side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.