Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DAL (Love Field)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
DAL has been pretty loaded recently. They seem to have a lot of new stock.

A couple weeks ago, I noticed a sizable delivery of Altimas. They usually put a few on the ES but I saw a couple last night on the EA.

New Chryslers have been showing up. Chargers and 300's. I'm in a brand new 300 right now - loaded with extras. First rental I've had where the remote start actually works.

I've also been seeing Accords quite a bit lately, usually on the EA. I took one for a weekend...only complaint is that is was a base trim level with no sat radio. I noticed a 2-door Civic last night, so new it still had temporary tags, on the EA.

Still a bunch of SUVs everywhere...I think they have a few new Jeep Grand Cherokees.

Always a fairly full selection on the ES and EA. ^
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:27 am

Arrived Thursday 9/29 around 9pm

EA

1 Hyundai Santa Fe
1 Toyota Camry
1 Jeep Patriot
1 Ford Fusion SE

ES

1 Ford Flex Limited
2 Dodge Durangos
Nissan Altimas
1 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo)

I am an Emerald Aisle member but I was not impressed with anything on the standard EA. I asked the agent inside the office how much it would cost to upgrade to something on the ES. I told him I wanted the Jeep, and he let me upgrade for $5/day.

Also, upon checkout, the person at the gate said they were running a fuel service special and I could bring the car back on empty and only pay 1/2 of the cost for the full tank ($36). This was the first time I had ever heard of anything like this, but took it, seeing that it would easily cost me $70-$75 to fill it up on my own. Returned the car 4 days later on empty and didn't have any problems.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 1:18 pm

Hit the ES this morning...seemed like a variety of SUV/minivan-esque options on ES (but admittedly did not make a list), with more of the sedans sitting on EA. I decided to have a fun day though and snagged a relatively new Jeep Wrangler Sport that was just begging to be taken. Inspection is dated a month ago and it was just over 900 miles on the clock...

And yeah, it is stripped relative to options commonly found on a lot of the other stuff, but since it goes back tomorrow, I can do without a lot of the power stuff. In some ways, it CAN be fun dealing with old school stuff like manual windows and mirrors...of course, I do wish it had a USB port to plug the audio media into- I did not bring any CD's with me and don't feel like buying any just for a day.

Car code on the key shows as IJAR.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Anyone visit DAL recently? I have an upcoming visit to TX to go to my sister's college graduation.

A couple of months ago I used one of the Delta promo codes and a $20 coupon and got a four day midsize for $40.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Three cars on the ee line and none on the ea.

In the ee i had choice of a impala that smelled minivan or a charger.

I took the charger as i was late for the meeting. It had 9k miles with sirius.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ktremor
Three cars on the ee line and none on the ea.

In the ee i had choice of a impala that smelled minivan or a charger.

I took the charger as i was late for the meeting. It had 9k miles with sirius.
Other'n the fact that the choices were slim, a new-ish Charger isn't too bad. I drove those a few times in my frequent DAL rental days.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Other'n the fact that the choices were slim, a new-ish Charger isn't too bad. I drove those a few times in my frequent DAL rental days.

Its been a fun car to drive as I had to drive to kileen for business and Waco for my sis's graduation.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Update for today. Went in around 1pm and there were not enough cars and people taking cars that came out of cleaning.

EA/ES had 3 Dodge Grand Caravans and thats it. I was offered an Expedition EL to not wait but after I didnt find the keys in the car I was given a new SRX free of charge.

SRX has panoramic roof and navigation. Not a bad ride for $22/day all in.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:52 pm

When I drove by ~5p on Thursday 8/1, I saw 1 sedan and 1 SUV on the Aisle. It did not look like much availability, but I was driving by.

When I came to pick-up around 9p that same evening, there were:
* 2 Chevy Captiva's
* 1 Nissan SUV (Rogue?)
* 1 Hyundai SUV (Santa Fe?)
* 4 Chrysler 200's

When I returned on Sunday 8/4 at 9pm, there were:
* 4 Jeep SUV's (I think 2 Compasses and 2 Libertys)
* 1 Chrysler 200
* 1 Dodge sedan (Avenger?)

Last edited by wcj1; Aug 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Arrived 12/9 @ 11:30pm

No cars on the lot at all. There were about 5 people in front of me and three people cleaning ice off of cars and refueling them. Everyone was just waiting their turn for what became available.

I was the last one in line and actually ended up with a 2014 Impala LTZ 4,300mi, no Sirius/XM but the heated seats and backup camera were a plus given the weather conditions.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:06 pm

Bump. Will be arriving on a Friday afternoon to get car for weekend. Any new reports?

Also, is the National lot in the parking garage adjacent to the terminals or do you ride a bus?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:03 pm
RJ1

I have been traveling through DAL quite a bit lately.

National has a new rental facility at DAL. It is a shared facility with Enterprise and Alamo. The check-out booths and check-in lanes are shared. There are separate counters for each brand. The facility is not connected to the terminal. All three brands use a common shuttle.

Availability in the Executive lanes has been hit or miss. Have never seen SUV's available. I did see a pickup truck one time (it's Texas!). I usually am able to find Altimas, which I prefer since I own an Infiniti.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Lots of small suvs last week in emerald aisle (I took a Mazda cx-9 or cx-5 or something). Nice car if you want an SUV.

I was bummed because the Sonatas were all in Executive, usually I see them in EA at DFW.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:23 pm

We're flying into DAL for the first time in a few weeks. Is it still a common shuttle to National EA - ie do I get on an Enterprise shuttle or do I wait for a National specific one? There's no online info really to help and I'd love to not have to stop at a desk in the airport to find out (hence why we love National, no need to ever talk to anyone except the gate clerk when driving away!) ...

Also, when dropping off is it pretty well marked where to go? I did Google Map it but it looked like tiny little signs in the ground and nothing was clear. Hope it's a bit improved - my wife'll be returning alone and isn't always the best at seeing tiny garage sale-sized signs!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:47 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by sppunk
We're flying into DAL for the first time in a few weeks. Is it still a common shuttle to National EA - ie do I get on an Enterprise shuttle or do I wait for a National specific one? There's no online info really to help and I'd love to not have to stop at a desk in the airport to find out (hence why we love National, no need to ever talk to anyone except the gate clerk when driving away!) ...

Also, when dropping off is it pretty well marked where to go? I did Google Map it but it looked like tiny little signs in the ground and nothing was clear. Hope it's a bit improved - my wife'll be returning alone and isn't always the best at seeing tiny garage sale-sized signs!
Too late for the OP, but in case others are interested.... yes, it is a consolidated shuttle for National / Alamo / Enterprise. The shuttle bus is well marked, and makes the rounds frequently.

When returning, the turn-in lane for returns is just at the end of the consolidated counter building. There is a sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.