Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HOU (Houston Hobby Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Lot was slammed - again - cars everywhere. Reserved midsize (like usual) but needed an SUV because I have something big I needed to pick up. Lot attendant said "There's a Suburban over there I was about to move. If you take it, I won't have to move it! Hint hint, wink wink...". I took it.

2015 White Suburban LT with leather, SiriusXM, the works (no sunroof). 648 miles on it.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Flew in yesterday EA had a few sonatas, a couple of vans, and a vw jetta (that I gladly took)

ES A few small SUVs

When I returned I saw a van in each section.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Both ES and EA were well stocked but no abundance of standouts.

ES:
Passat (Wolfsburg Edition with 156 miles so I took it)
F150 XLT
Altimas
Malibus
Impalas
Sonatas
Pathfinder
Rogue
Optima
200s
Equinox
Ram 1500 Hemi
to name a few.

Most were low level trim. I think I got the only vehicle with leather.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Lot was only about 25% full in EA and 40% full in ES. Nothing standing out, standard offerings. Few Suburbans, couple Sonatas, 200's, one Chevy Impala LTZ with about 3400mi and working XM.

Last edited by BeanieTX; May 1, 2015 at 7:29 am Reason: wrong milage
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: RR & Emerald Club
I travel to HOU weekly. Lots of new Nissan Pathfinders this week in ES What is I got for full size rate.

As for construction. .Hobby is under construction but not the National lot. It's very easy to take the shuttle on ground floor to the lot. The shuttle always stops at the ES aisle first. An attendant hands you a water and then you walk ten feet to your car. It's the easiest National lot of the seven cities I do every month..
Old May 1, 2015, 2:24 am

Sunday Mornings?

Coming in late saturday night, around 11pm. I reserved on EA for sunday morning at around 9am. Do you think I would have better chances on getting a van or bigger SUV on sat night or sun morning? Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
I hadn't rented from Hobby in over a year. Since then, the lot has changed from the east side of the airport to the northwest, and it seems A LOT more congested. It was also the worst ES experience I have had in several years.

I got in at 4pm on a Wednesday, rode the shuttle with 4 other EA/ES customers, and showed up to near-empty aisles with 4 cars total between both aisles. There was around 150-200 vehicles in the return and wash/fuel lines.

I asked if there was anything that would be coming out shortly, as I wasn't in any hurry. After getting the runaround from the kiosk attendant, I went looking for the manager. He said they had a lot of late returns and a huge surprise influx of customers today. I'm not sure how they had a surprise influx of EA/ES customers, as they surely had reservations. I got more of the same runaround, and then commented that I was very surprised to see the lack of staffing and their ability to turn cars around for rental. The manager also noted that they weren't differentiating ES/EA all day because they had enough trouble just getting cars out there.

I waited 45 minutes and ended up with a beat-to-hell base model Explorer, which I exchanged at IAH the next day when I was up in the area.

Old (red) vs new location (green)

ES on left of awning/EA on right. This was as I was leaving.

First line of returns.

More returns

And more... this doesn't include the fuel/wash line which is farther right. None of these are ready to rent.

I did respond to a CS email survey after I dropped off, and have since been contacted by what is apparently new mgmt, who from a quick Google seems to have come down from the Houston Enterprise Holdings parent group to get things sorted out.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:02 pm

Just an update on this for anyone interested.

The new location manager reached out to me and I spoke to her on the phone today. She said she is reducing the amount of available reservations and apparently has either purchased new inventory or pulled some from other locations to increase their vehicle pool. They were obviously overcommitting on reservation numbers. According to her, things haven't turned around all the way yet, but are well on their way there and they are continuing to tweak numbers. She admitted this sort of thing shouldn't happen 95% of the time for EA/ES, and hopefully never. I haven't been there since, so I obviously can't confirm this at all.

I believe Southwest has added flights to HOU recently, and that coupled with the rental location move probably caused some headaches. I'm anxious to see others' experiences here in the next few months.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
Originally Posted by hartlogan
Just an update on this for anyone interested.

The new location manager reached out to me and I spoke to her on the phone today. She said she is reducing the amount of available reservations and apparently has either purchased new inventory or pulled some from other locations to increase their vehicle pool. They were obviously overcommitting on reservation numbers. According to her, things haven't turned around all the way yet, but are well on their way there and they are continuing to tweak numbers. She admitted this sort of thing shouldn't happen 95% of the time for EA/ES, and hopefully never. I haven't been there since, so I obviously can't confirm this at all.

I believe Southwest has added flights to HOU recently, and that coupled with the rental location move probably caused some headaches. I'm anxious to see others' experiences here in the next few months.
Flew in last Monday, 11/9/15, arrived at about 5:00 pm. 20 people on my bus, when we got to the lot there were probably 10 people already there waiting. No cars ready. They had a trainee doing the best she could to keep things moving, not a Manager in sight. She told us that Mondays are always this way.

45 minutes later I had a Malibu with 3 miles on it. Sirius XM shut off 2 days later.

I also received an email asking about my experience, with 5 or so Enterprise National email addresses copied on it. Wrote back and told them about my experience. Have not heard back.

I thought it was odd that if they knew Mondays were bad, they wouldn't have staffed accordingly to have vehicles ready.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:12 pm

Thanks for sharing, it seems like they still don't have it figured out. I think I'll be flying into IAH from now on, largely due to this. I can easily have a car and be at my destination just as quickly if not before i could from HOU, given these wait times. And I'll have a mighty fine aisle selection.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:17 pm

Thursday night 1/7. It was a full lot and I was the only one on the shuttle over. From what I can remember the ES had:

Chevy Trax
Chevy Impala
GMC Terrain
Kia Sedona
Kia Sportage
Nissan Altima
Nissan Pathfinder
Chrysler 300
Jeep Compass
Dodge Journey
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai Santa Fe

Low level trims on most of the cars. Only the 300 had leather.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:41 pm

It sounds like they may have started to figure out their rental quota issues! They have seemed to generally have lower trim models, at least compared to some other locations (especially IAH). But at least there was an ample number of selections available.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:52 am

It was a very different story when I returned on Sunday night, similar to what hartlogan posted in October. The returns area had probably well over a hundred vehicles in it.

When I rode past on the shuttle it looked like both the ES and EA were pretty thin. The ES had about a dozen vehicles, all sedans (looked like Malibus, Altimas and the like) and one minivan. EA had 5 or 6 sedans. No SUVs in either aisle.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Rented from this location this past Thursday afternoon (2/25). EA was almost empty! Had a couple of Jeep Compasses, a Ford Escape, Dodge Journey, and a Jeep Patriot. ES was filled - a couple of Dodge Challengers, Buick Encore (SUV), and a few other cars. As I was willing to wait, the manager offered up a 2016 Buick Lacrosse that had just pulled up from cleaning. Took it. Only had 495 miles on it when I started it up.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:10 pm

Change fees

Does the rental fee remain same if I pickup a car at HOBBY and exchange it at IAH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.