Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HOU (Houston Hobby Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:15 am

I picked up a car at HOU on Friday morning around 9:30am. I didn't really see what was in the Aisle, but the Executive selection was well stocked, with a good variety of well-appointed full-sizes (Fusion, Altima, Optima), various SUVs (CX-5 and either CX-7 or CX-9, Journey, Santa Fe, etc.), minivans (Town and Country), and even a couple of four-door pickups with Hemi badges. I was going to grab a nice Fusion with leather seats and SiriusXM, but my 6 year old insisted on taking the Optima parked next to it (which also had SiriusXM, but no leather). There was a manager on hand who was quite friendly and helpful (and amused by my child's insistence on choice of car).
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: Emerald Club
Hi, folks! I just joined this forum. I live here in the Houston area, and rent at HOU about twice a month to drive to NOLA and visit the grandkids. The National EA and ES has been stocked with virtually every conceivable type of car lately. When I've needed a full size pickup, they've been there. When I've needed an SUV with third row seats, it's been there, or they will get me one. I travel all over the country, and am lucky that this location is the best stocked of the bunch I've visited. The construction was to put roofs over the areas where people gather to wait for the shuttle, and the ES and EA selection area. It is now complete, and it's a big help in the rain and blistering heat here in Houston. I'll continue to post here as your HOU expert. In fact, I'm picking up a car there tomorrow for the holiday weekend, and will post what's available tomorrow afternoon.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:45 am

Still a great selection

I picked a car from the HOU ES on Wednesday, July 2. There was the usual selection of sedans, SUV's, minivans, and pickup trucks. I chose a Yukon because of all the carting around I would be doing in New Orleans (where I was headed). They had a nice Buick Enclave, but I chose the larger vehicle.
They are still doing construction there, but ir doesn't impact the renter,
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: HH Gold, FB, Hertz Gold+, Omni Platinum
Would like to know what convertibles or Full-SUV they have
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:44 am

Convertibles/Large SUV's

Effekt,
If you're talking about the EA & ES areas, I saw a Chrysler 200 convertible nearby yesterday, but I'm not sure it was offered in the EA or ES. Occasionally, they have Tahoes in the EA or ES, but always have either Journeys, Sante Fes, Sorrentos, or Enclave/Arcadias. I've rented Enclaves the last 2 times, one of which had 24 miles on odometer w/ XM and leather.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: HH Gold, FB, Hertz Gold+, Omni Platinum
Great! Thanks a lot! Any Cherokees seen there?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:28 am

I've occasionally seen Cherokees, but the SUV choices are usually Sorrento's, Sante Fe's, Journey's, Equinox's and Enclave/Arcadia's. If you're looking for 4WD, I don't recall ever seeing one. There's always a person there to help, so you could ask for something not parked there, I presume.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
update 9/5

Hobby just got:
-20 15' Tahoe suburban, Yukon Yukon xl
-Some xts caddis
-Hyundai small cars
- ton of GMC Chevy pickups
- Chrysler 200cs
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Im flying in tonight and ill provide an update
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I'm here now, not a car on the lot. There's a list of about 20 people waiting for anything we can get our hands on...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:25 am

I lucked out...minivan after minivan after minivan, they call my name and pulls up a Chrysler 200c. 5300mi, satellite radio still active, cloth. I'll take it.

Not too happy with my first rental with National coming over from Hertz 5*, let's hope this was an anomaly.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by BeanieTX
I lucked out...minivan after minivan after minivan, they call my name and pulls up a Chrysler 200c. 5300mi, satellite radio still active, cloth. I'll take it.

Not too happy with my first rental with National coming over from Hertz 5*, let's hope this was an anomaly.
For the most part, HOU's selection is abysmal compared w/ IAH.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by photog72
For the most part, HOU's selection is abysmal compared w/ IAH.
I fly out of Lovefield in Dallas as Southwest has the best prices for Texas to Texas flights, so I'm hoping AUS and SAT lots are better than HOU's. Otherwise it's back to Hertz, and that's not something I want to do...

Last edited by BeanieTX; Jan 8, 2015 at 6:14 am
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:16 pm

Arrived at HOU just after 5pm tonight, lot was SLAMMED with cars. EA had every spot filled, as did ES. Tahoes, Traverses, Encores, Suburbans, sedans, trucks, everything. Beautiful sight after getting there in January and they had zero cars and a line of 20 people.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:03 pm

Had a rental last week from Thurs to Mon... ES was about 60% full with the following selection: a few small/mid-size SUVs (Traverse, Pathfinder), one or two full-size SUV (Tahoe), a few sedans (Altima, Charger) and a bunch of pick-up trucks.

I chose the Pathfinder which had 216 miles on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.