Search

Dec trip on Gulf Air

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2003, 9:02 pm
tb
Original Poster

Dec trip on Gulf Air

Hi,

I am taking a trip to India on AA and Gulf Air. I am an AAdvantage member so I will get credit for the miles on AA segments, but I am not a Gulf Air FF member. Should I join Gulf Air and earn miles for the trip. I doubt I will ever use Gulf again (I am not paying for the ticket).

I know that Hilton has a relationship with them, but I don't know if I can transfer miles out of Gul Air's program into HH.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with Gulf Air.

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 5:32 am
Patron

Gulf Air participates in his own FFP (fly Gulf Air until December 14th 2003 between Dubai and Bahrain, Muscat, Beirut, Damascus, Kuwait, Shiraz or Tehran and receive double the normal Frequent Flyer miles) & in Virgin Atlantic’s flying club.
The only way you can redeem miles in Gulf Air’s FFP on Gulf & Oman Air networks.

Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:38 am

I recommend that you join Gulf air's FF program and consider "gifting" a ticket in the gulf region to friends/family who might want a trip to visit Dubai etc. It would be a shame to just waste those miles.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:59 am

Programs: CO PLAT, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, NW, AA, UA
I wouldn't join Gulf esp if you're never gonna use them again. When I have the occasional Gulf flight I dump the miles into my Virgin account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.