Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When are fares loaded?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:28 am
Original Poster

When are fares loaded?

Although I had originally posted this in US I was wondering how airlines in general do this.
I see that often times people build a MR around a great fare they have found. I realize that fares can be loaded any day or time.
Is there a better time/day than usual to find ridiculously low fares that have been loaded incorrectly, or is it like finding a four leaf clover- just keep looking and you may get lucky?

Thanks Mike
Old Nov 24, 2003, 11:32 am

Not 100% sure but I think the fares are loaded into the CRS systems at least 4 times a day. Mistakes just happen--no one time is better than the other. The CRS systems do have brakes installed where it will flag/pull a fare if it detects a much larger than normal amount of selling on a fare/route with one airline.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Since this is a question about airfares and deals rather than miles and points, I'm going to move the thread over to TravelBuzz.

There certainly are some members of the board who know -- really know -- the answer to this question. Just not sure whether they're in a position to share the information or not . . .

Either way, discussion will follow in TravelBuzz.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.