Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Redeem miles/points for Financial Times subscription?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP

Any airline/hotel/CC partners offer this option? I know Delta used to have a WSJ redemption (and I did pounce on that, as well as the economist), but I also would like FT as well. I'd prefer not to be out $200 a year if I can avoid it
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:09 pm

Hrm, Amtrak used to have it, but I don't see it anymore.

Back then subscriptions were quite cheap on eBay, but there are none there either right now.

Coincidence?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Not exactly what you were asking but United Mileage Plus Reader Miles still offers WSJ (13 weeks/ 1200 miles).
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by lin821
Not exactly what you were asking but United Mileage Plus Reader Miles still offers WSJ (13 weeks/ 1200 miles).
The OP is asking about Financial Times, not the WSJ.

FT is a slippery fellow. I looked high and low for miles-for-subscription offers for nearly a year before one popped up 4Q 2006 on Continental (long since pulled). I could have sworn the rate was 1,900 miles for 13 weeks, but the nice CSR at FT assured me that I had a year's worth coming when I called in April to see about renewal deals.

My best advice to the OP is keep your eyes tuned to Flyertalk and check back frequently in each of the the programs you've got orphan miles in. With any luck, it'll turn up eventually. Happy hunting and do give us a heads up if you score.

Last edited by essxjay; Aug 21, 2007 at 8:32 pm
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Any airline/hotel/CC partners offer this option? I know Delta used to have a WSJ redemption (and I did pounce on that, as well as the economist), but I also would like FT as well. I'd prefer not to be out $200 a year if I can avoid it
Another thought ...

If you know someone in college, the student rates are not too bad, so I've heard. I'm not sure how they'd check on one's status with a college or university due to privacy concerns, so I'd guess that's a simple matter of getting your hands one one of those student subscription cards that litter most every campus. (Google is your friend, too.) PM me if you have trouble locating one, I might be able to help you out.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by essxjay
The OP is asking about Financial Times, not the WSJ.

FT is a slippery fellow. I looked high and low for miles-for-subscription offers for nearly a year before one popped up 4Q 2006 on Continental (long since pulled). I could have sworn the rate was 1,900 miles for 13 weeks, but the nice CSR at FT assured me that I had a year's worth coming when I called in April to see about renewal deals.

My best advice to the OP is keep your eyes tuned to Flyertalk and check back frequently in each of the the programs you've got orphan miles in. With any luck, it'll turn up eventually. Happy hunting and do give us a heads up if you score.
I was able to Subscribe to FT around Mar 07 for 1900 miles. I believe its for a year. Not so sure. But, now when I tried to look for it for a friend , it seems to have disappered and WSJ has appeared. Its possible FT and WSJ are rotated based on some volume basis..

Any insiders on how this thing works and when to expect FT back again..
Regards
/rh
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:23 pm

https://www.ftnewspaper.com/cgi-bin/...ity_us_student

$110/year for students...pretty good as it includes ft.com access as well, which is normally $4/month with a subscription to the physical paper.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:24 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by honr
I was able to Subscribe to FT around Mar 07 for 1900 miles. I believe its for a year. Not so sure.
Was that redemption from CO or ???
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
$99 / year

https://www.ftnewspaper.com/cgi-bin/...58&SID=7489980

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.