Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated]Ordering flowers online - best mileage/points deals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Around Valentine's Day, NWA had a promo whereas if you bought 2 items at the NWA mall after having completed one of the NWA "university courses" on their website, you would get 100 miles for doing the course, 10x miles from the FTD store, and 1000 miles for doing the promo. I think I ended up getting like 1900 miles for about $33 incl. shipping on an arraingement that got shipped to my wife, who was at home the day it came, and there was a storm so it was a good thing I didnt try to walk around the city after work with flowers and then bring them on the train, etc to get them home a lot later in the day than they got there for her!

In this case, ordering from FTD was worth it. My second mall purchase was something I needed from Target.com.

This was not the NWA Valentine's promo, but that's how the miles from this posted, and sometimes that airline has some decent promos like this that you could check out. I would go to the airline forums and see, but also check the airline mile malls and just be sure to print copies out of every step you do. United's mall is historically bad for posting, whereas I find NWA's and AA's to be the best.

good luck!

MM
Old Apr 18, 2007, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

may be known elsewhere but I just got this so I will post it:

NWA has a deal now where you get 10 WP miles per $1 spent plus 300 bonus miles for FTD.

www.ftd.com/nwa75

or call 800-SEND-FTD and mention promo code 2102.

offer exp 5/31/07
it says it does not include service fee or tax and miles post in 6-8 weeks.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
http://www.ftd.com/aapromo2/?campaig...0416aagreeting (20 miles per $)

here's the most recent AA promo link (20 miles per $)
Not sure if the links work from month to month, but they send a new link each month with a different campaign ID in the URL.

Miles seem to post approx. 2.5 weeks after delivery date.

-----------------
Just found this on AA, but don't think it beats the 20miles per $ unless price is under $30:

Earn 10 miles for each dollar spent on flowers and gifts from FTD.COM®. Shop online at www.ftd.com/aadvantage or call 1-800-SEND-FTD, and give code 7017.

Plus, AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, and Executive Platinum members earn an additional 200 bonus miles on each order at www.ftd.com/aadvbonus or call 1-800-SEND-FTD and provide promo code 6726. Citibank AAdvantage members earn an additional 100 bonus miles when using their card at www.ftd.com/aacitibank* or call 1-800-SEND-FTD and provide promo code 3979.

Offer may not be combined with any other offer from FTD.COM. Offer valid only from FTD.COM. Offer not valid in retail stores or in conjunction with any other offers. Miles are awarded based upon product value only, tax and service charges ($10.99 for online and phone orders) are excluded. Please allow 6-8 weeks for posting of AAdvantage miles. Arrangement prices include delivery, but do not include service fee or tax.

Last edited by majikTib; Apr 18, 2007 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
may be known elsewhere but I just got this so I will post it:

NWA has a deal now where you get 10 WP miles per $1 spent plus 300 bonus miles for FTD.

www.ftd.com/nwa75

or call 800-SEND-FTD and mention promo code 2102.

offer exp 5/31/07
it says it does not include service fee or tax and miles post in 6-8 weeks.
I was thinking that there's really no reason why this FTD purchase and bonus promo wouldnt ALSO work in conjunction with NWA's PERKOLOGY promo going on right now. That would give you another 500 miles for doing a MALL purchase, so in the end, a $30 FTD purchase would yeild 300+300+500 miles or 1100 miles for some flowers. Not too bad.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I was thinking that there's really no reason why this FTD purchase and bonus promo wouldnt ALSO work in conjunction with NWA's PERKOLOGY promo going on right now. That would give you another 500 miles for doing a MALL purchase, so in the end, a $30 FTD purchase would yeild 300+300+500 miles or 1100 miles for some flowers. Not too bad.
Except for the fact that there is a $50 minimum on WP Mall and flower purchases for the Perkology promo:
http://www.nwa.com/offers/perkology/...-hp.226x60#500
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:41 am

that sounds like an awesome promo MM... but $50 isn't bad. Does that minimum include S/H? Not many items on FTD are $30.

If the $50 minimum includes S/H, you can order a $39.99 arrangement and the $12 s/h would put it over $50
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

true, and either way, if you want to make someone happy or you buy for say some office party, then you could just as easily buy $50+ worth of flowers and get 500 miles plus 300 + 500.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there any recourse if the flowers are unacceptable? I ordered a $60 bouquet in a vase and it looked like a $10 scrap thrown together at a grocery store (and three times smaller than the picture). I ordered them from FTD.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I would expect the company would want to please customers -- have you tried contacting them to complain? I haven't dealt with them but I've always heard good comments about the service from the flower companies because they want to keep a good customer.

I have dealt with ProFlowers and had good experiences, but I've stuck to cash rebate programs or using their emails because the overall promotion is better than getting the available miles. For my case, I'd rather have $3 over 300 miles but that's my personal preference.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:26 pm

I've ordered from FTD a few times. I sent a letter through their site to customer service and explained how unhappy I was (two times out of the last 10).

first time - I paid for an upgraded arrangement. I didn't get any additional flowers, looked exactly like the pictured arrangement. I was refunded the additional $10 I had spent for the "upgrade." Still beautiful flowers, just no additional flowers like I paid for.

second time - I ordered a mini rose bush (something to sit on your desk at work) and it arrived half dead. I sent another CS letter through the website. They sent a replacement the next day, and it was in much better condition, and still looks good now (2 weeks later). They were willing to do whatever it took to make me happy it seemed.

FTD has a 7 day freshness guarantee. Each time I contacted them through the website, they called me THAT DAY and left a voicemail asking me to call back so they could resolve the problem. They did so promptly.
Old May 3, 2007, 12:39 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by majikTib
If the $50 minimum includes S/H, you can order a $39.99 arrangement and the $12 s/h would put it over $50
The $50 minimum excludes S/H:
Minimum purchase of $50 (excluding tax and shipping) purchase required.
So what it comes down to (at least in my case) is:
A $50 FTD purchase may yield 1300 NW miles (500+300+500) if one is able to combine the NW75 and Perkology promos. On the other hand, the UA email promo will yield 1250 UA miles (50x25) for the same $50 purchase (and in my experience these miles have always posted). [I collect both NW and UA.]

Anything other than a $50 or so purchase ($30, $40, $60, etc.) will clearly come down on the UA side (assuming one does collect UA miles over NW miles).
Old May 3, 2007, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as well, there was a promo on NWA that MAY still be available called something like University course promo. You buy two items at the NWA Mall (like FTD flowers) and spend over $25 not incl. S/H and you get 1,000 bonus miles. To do this promo, you also need to do those courses on the WP university. Check the NWA site WP section for this. The easy courses take a few minutes and yeild 100 miles each. One of them, however, is best done around the time you plan to fly as it may give even more bonus miles if you do that soon after completing it.

MM
Old May 3, 2007, 7:26 am

Thanks for the info! Had been doing Goldpoints for FTD for 100 pts per dollar, but now that some good AA offers are out there, will be switching back, - in quest of that lifetime gold pursuit!
Old May 3, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Ritz
- in quest of that lifetime gold pursuit!
That's a lot of flowers!
Old May 5, 2007, 11:33 am

Does anyone know of any offers for florists in the UK?

I have yet to see anything out there....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.