Reload this Page >

50 cent US Air flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50 cent US Air flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:44 am

There may be a state or two that requires it, but in general, no. "Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded" is a common condition.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
GONE: PHX (one ticket) may be up for grabs

I have been successful in winning twice (so far). For the Orlando destination, another FT'r was gracious enought to gift me their unusable ticket. The availability is very tight. So my hubby and I will go toOrlando from Western NY thru PIT. Then I got one to PHX on Fri. I checked the W fc' from PIT and it looks like there will only be one day we could go. I either need another "friend" for a second ticket if the date works or find someone who would like to try and get out. They can be booked in anyone's name, but the winner must book it with their Juniper MC. The travel agent didn't say anything about taxes. Checking on the US board, it appears we don't have to pay them. So, if one ticket to PHX is good for you PM me so we can be set up tomorrow when they open at 9AM EST. If one of us can get out we'll take it. They do earn miles.
Eileen ^

We were able to make the dates work for us - Nice 3 day weekend in March - Plenty of time to golf!

Last edited by EileenSRN; Feb 13, 2006 at 1:26 pm Reason: Adding GONE
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:39 pm

I've been trying, but I haven't had any luck so far. When you won, did you click on the get tickets button as soon as it was first enabled or did you get through after waiting for a couple of seconds for the get tickets button to be re-enabled? What area of the button did you click on?

Originally Posted by EileenSRN
I have been successful in winning twice (so far). For the Orlando destination, another FT'r was gracious enought to gift me their unusable ticket. The availability is very tight. So my hubby and I will go toOrlando from Western NY thru PIT. Then I got one to PHX on Fri. I checked the W fc' from PIT and it looks like there will only be one day we could go. I either need another "friend" for a second ticket if the date works or find someone who would like to try and get out. They can be booked in anyone's name, but the winner must book it with their Juniper MC. The travel agent didn't say anything about taxes. Checking on the US board, it appears we don't have to pay them. So, if one ticket to PHX is good for you PM me so we can be set up tomorrow when they open at 9AM EST. If one of us can get out we'll take it. They do earn miles.
Eileen ^

We were able to make the dates work for us - Nice 3 day weekend in March - Plenty of time to golf!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by studfromhawaii
I'll give you $1
I'll see his dollar and raise 50 cents. @:-)
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Both were won after the "It's not over yet" started. What did I say? 24 minutes in on the first and about 15 on the second. On the first I had only 2 windows open on my laptop and 2 on my office PC. The second was at home, on a wireless connection, yet. I had 4 windows open. As far as where did I click? Anywhere the arrow happened to be. I did try to click as soon as the button lit up, but didn't always make it. There's no trick. If there was I'd have STT or FCO, not MCO and PHX. I'm not crying with a loaf of bread under my arm, don't get me wrong. We will enjoy these escapes from the cold Western NY winter, but 3000 miles one way would be soooo nice. I'm bound for London....
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:25 am

Thanks. I'll try my luck again. Congratulations and bon voyage

Originally Posted by EileenSRN
Both were won after the "It's not over yet" started. What did I say? 24 minutes in on the first and about 15 on the second. On the first I had only 2 windows open on my laptop and 2 on my office PC. The second was at home, on a wireless connection, yet. I had 4 windows open. As far as where did I click? Anywhere the arrow happened to be. I did try to click as soon as the button lit up, but didn't always make it. There's no trick. If there was I'd have STT or FCO, not MCO and PHX. I'm not crying with a loaf of bread under my arm, don't get me wrong. We will enjoy these escapes from the cold Western NY winter, but 3000 miles one way would be soooo nice. I'm bound for London....
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:26 am

Then I'll just have to raise my dollar to 2
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'll see his dollar and raise 50 cents. @:-)
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
1099?

to winners: Have you been told that you will be receiving a 1099 form yet? If yes, I wonder how they value the tickets. Any input appreciated.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
to winners: Have you been told that you will be receiving a 1099 form yet? If yes, I wonder how they value the tickets. Any input appreciated.
Why would winners get a 1099? This is a sale where "winners" get a flight for 50 cents.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:06 pm

Actually, if they run it like how American Express ran their recent "contest" where cardholders was able to purchase "prizes" at huge discounts, you would get sent a 1099 with the difference between what you bought it for and the retail value of the "prize."

It's lame, I know. But if your difference is over $600, and US Air decides to read the law as Amex did, people may very well be getting 1099's next year in Jan.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Cool Wow!!!

You got MCO....and twice....hats off to you!!!

I tried a solid 45minutes with mulitiple windows open.

Congratulations. I wanted to go to the HOLYLAND Experience in MCO, that's why I was trying.

BTW, if anyone has been and wants to tell me about it...feel free to contact me.....THANKS...
Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
I thought someone asked and they were told that Juniper was NOT going to be sending 1099s as the value of the tickets are too low.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
what happens when you win?

I tried today for the first time to win tickets to Frankfurt. It kept asking me to try again which I did for almost half an hour (in two windows). What happens when you "win"? Does it say "congrats, give us your email address and click on the confirmation email we send you"....I am just interested in finding out what to look for so I don't miss it when I win the tickets to Jamaica, yeah maon
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:57 pm

Programs: NWA, AS
I tried today for the first time to win tickets to Frankfurt. It kept asking me to try again which I did for almost half an hour (in two windows). What happens when you "win"? Does it say "congrats, give us your email address and click on the confirmation email we send you"....I am just interested in finding out what to look for so I don't miss it when I win the tickets to Jamaica, yeah maon
when you win on friday , a second page will load saying "You're almost there..." and asks for your full name, first 6 digits of your USAirways Miles Card, security code, etc. Then a third page will load stating your confirmation number and details.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:14 pm

It's a completely different looking page, you can't miss it. Has a lot of fields to fill in with your info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.