Jobs that require lots of travel?

Subscribe
Hello all,
As I near my college graduation, I have decided that I am having way too much fun travelling on my own dime, wouldn't it be great to have that travel paid for by a company?

So, what kind of job should I be looking for upon graduation that would allow me to fly more than 100K miles per year (preferably international).

What kind of jobs do you all have which allow for so much travelling?

Thanks!
Just about anything with the word "auditor" in it...

FWIW

DLM
Or "consultant."
What's your degree in? I'm a field service engineer for a high tech company.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A CONSULTANT WHEN...

You've memorized the morning and afternoon schedules of all the flights to your client's site.

You forego the opportunity to fly home on the weekend, because you really like it in Southfield, MI. (Schaumburg, IL... Bethesda, MD... Norwood, MA...).

You're upset when you come home on Friday night and the lights aren't on, the bed isn't turned down, and there are no chocolates on your pillow.

"Vacationing" is spending an entire weekend in your own home.

You call room service and order without looking at the menu.

You have seen more movies at 35,000 feet than you have on the ground

You have had more phone numbers than Imelda Marcos has pairs of shoes.

The media phrases "telecommuting" and "virtual office" have very real (and frightening) meaning for you.

You forget how to turn on the windshield wipers in your own car.

You introduce yourself to your next door neighbors ... again.

Your spouse flies to your hotel for the weekend.

All of the full sized soaps and shampoos are in your luggage, and all of the tiny little soaps and shampoos are in your bathroom at home.

You can remember all 15 of your client and hotel phone numbers, but you get stumped when asked for your home number.

You've been staying so long in the same hotel, you occasionally refer to it as "home".

The front desk clerks recognize you, call you by name, and give you the same room every week.

The hotel staff feels free to nag and fight with you because they know you'll be back next week anyway.

You get more calls from the hotel staff to see if you're OK than you do from your regular friends.

Then you realize the hotel staff ARE your regular friends.
Hopefully, this partial list of FlyerTalk threads will help answer your question, BeCarlson:Good luck to you, BeCarlson.
Quote: What kind of jobs do you all have which allow for so much travelling?
How about Pilot or Flight Attendant.

pmcg
Taxi drivers do a lot of miles, flying through city centres.
Yes, become a consultant or an auditor. They travel all the time. Some sales agents also seem to travel a lot. I've also run into some doctors or those who work for a big multi-national on flights.
As this subject has been discussed many times (thanks Canarsie), I'm closing this thread.

Craig6z