Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wall Street Journal Subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2004, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Wall Street Journal Subscriptions

I believe there was a long running FT thread with this title which appears to have become unavailable, so I'm starting a new one. The WSJ is again available at www.milepoint.com/mall/magazine.asp using 1200 miles/points from any of 12 different airline/hotel programs to get 64 issues (3 months). With WSJ subscriptions approaching $200/yr., I feel this is an excellent value. Many other magazine titles available as well.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 6:04 pm

I got a WSJ offer in the mail for a 1yr sub..52.00 dollars . Targeted for upper management. Must have gotten it off a mailing list of business mag subs.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 6:09 pm
Original Member

I have a number of WSJ offers, for either receiving for buying or
using miles to buy a subscription on my web site below. Shopping > Newspapers. The lastes added is one from United Airlines that can get or use miles.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
Thanks!

It looks as though MilePoint has procured several more airlines. I used some of my useless US Airways miles to grab a WSJ, Esquire, and Cigar Aficionado. Not bad for 2900 miles if you ask me.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold,Marriott, US,AA.DL, AGR, Hyatt
WSJ for Miles

Thanks to all!!

Just ordered WSJ on Delta site, with a 100 mile bonus (?) using
https://delta.mpmvp.com/magazine/

Thanks to tenacious and pgary.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Journal to Start Weekend Edition Next September

Edited from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL...
September 16, 2004

Journal to Start Weekend Edition Next September

Dow Jones & Co. said it would launch a weekend edition of The Wall Street Journal starting Saturday, Sept. 10, 2005, adding a sixth day of the week to its Journal franchise.

The Wall Street Journal Weekend Edition will include business and financial news and information through the close of Friday's global markets, and will also feature an entirely new section called Pursuits.

Focusing on what the company calls "the business of life," Pursuits will extend the coverage areas addressed by Friday's Weekend Journal, introduced in 1998, and Personal Journal, which appears Tuesday through Thursday and was launched in 2002. These topics include personal finance, health, travel, cars, entertainment, sports, home decor and leisure activities.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 3:39 pm

Mis-read previous post.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:18 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Question Any way to use AA miles?

I have a little over 4K orphan AA miles and since I am now crediting everything to AS, would love to use them for WSJ subscription.
Any ideas?
Old Sep 17, 2004, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
How long for subscription to start?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the paper to be delivered? I bought one of these subscriptions with miles recently for a friend. The website says 10-12 weeks, but I believe that is the standard magazine line... The WSJ should be much more efficient and can usually turn on subscriptions in a day or two. The miles were taken out of my account the next day, fyi.

I'm a little skeptical, as I once used this service and the magazine never came... but it's only 1,200 miles so I decided to give them another try.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g_leyser
I have a little over 4K orphan AA miles and since I am now crediting everything to AS, would love to use them for WSJ subscription.
Any ideas?
Call 888-321-6247 and use code ESS for AA miles. You can order in 3 month increments for 1200 miles (up to 9 months at one time). Hope this helps.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 7:26 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thumbs up Perfect

Originally Posted by Tenacious
Call 888-321-6247 and use code ESS for AA miles. You can order in 3 month increments for 1200 miles (up to 9 months at one time). Hope this helps.
Many thanks Tenacious - this is exactly what I was looking for.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Many thanks Tenacious - this is exactly what I was looking for.
Glad it worked; please post how long it takes for your subscription to start.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by seeyou
I got a WSJ offer in the mail for a 1yr sub..52.00 dollars . Targeted for upper management. Must have gotten it off a mailing list of business mag subs.
That's the best offer I have ever seen. Def can't pass that up.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oontiveros
That's the best offer I have ever seen. Def can't pass that up.
Better than 1/yr for 4K to 4.8K miles???
Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Tenacious
Better than 1/yr for 4K to 4.8K miles???
No that is definitely a great deal using miles. But I use miles to upgrade and fly premium constantly so I view miles really only in that way. I turnover my miles alot.

However, I'd personally rather use my UA miles card and pay for things such as newspapers and earn miles again for that purchase on the UA partner link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.