Wiki Posts
Search

need help discovering chase offers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
need help discovering chase offers

Some of the chase applications have explicit details of the bonus and I wanted to crawl through them all and see if there are any hidden gems. There are 46,656 possible applications and I don't want to go through all of them. This is primarily to avoid having to query Chase so many times from a single IP in a short period of time.

I have written a small bash script which deals with 1296 at a time and pops out the only the ones which mention the bonus details. This is going to be a small percentage of the 1296. I wanted to ask for 35 volunteers to go through the results along with me. PM me for details. Volunteers would need access to a linux machine. Mac would also probably work. Windows would require some rework and software installation.

Mods, feel free to move this elsewhere if milesbuzz isn't the right place for this post.

Last edited by sun_aa; Apr 3, 2012 at 10:14 pm Reason: removal of specifics
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man if i knew what this stuff meant then i would help you..but really have no clue...and chase will probably hear about this...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Wow. Kudos for the ingenuity. I'd be happy to help, but not sure if I'm any help at all. You'd have to walk me through everything, so I may waste more of your time than I'm worth.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Wow. Kudos for the ingenuity. I'd be happy to help, but not sure if I'm any help at all. You'd have to walk me through everything, so I may waste more of your time than I'm worth.
i'm in the same boat..if you give me a intro then i probably can figure it out...but no current knowledge
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sun_aa
Chase applications seem to be in the following format:

Some of the applications have explicit details of the bonus and I wanted to crawl through them all and see if there are any hidden gems.

As you can see, there are 46,656 possible applications. I don't want to go through all of them. I have written a small bash script which deals with 1296 at a time and pops out the ones which mentions the bonus details. I wanted to ask for 35 volunteers to go through the results along with me. PM me for the script.

Mods, feel free to move this elsewhere if milesbuzz isn't the right place for this post.
Any pattern to the way the bonus is formatted in the response? Any way to do a regex so that you can save each response, parse it for bonus, and pop that in to a spreadsheet for easy post-processing? Happy to help out with automated parsing but I don't sign up for manual work. My per-hour value to myself is too high for manual work, I always automate

Last edited by mikelat; Apr 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
did you find the 60K ink bold using this script?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Amex too

Maybe we should tackle Amex, too. I would love to find one of the 100k Platinum offers.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa

Some of the applications have explicit details of the bonus and I wanted to crawl through them all and see if there are any hidden gems.

As you can see, there are 46,656 possible applications. I don't want to go through all of them. I have written a small bash script which deals with 1296 at a time and pops out the ones which mentions the bonus details. I wanted to ask for 35 volunteers to go through the results along with me. PM me for the script.

I think you need one good programmer instead of 35 volunteers. The vast majority of these pages will result in "Offer not available" and once you sort them out there will not be much for yourself to review.

Not to discourage you but this may or may not reveal any hidden gems. Just recall the United Explorer link for 60k miles (that by the way didn't follow you pattern) - it opened up different offers for different people based on the status of their United MileagePlus account.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 5, 2012 at 9:55 pm Reason: remove bad link
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:54 pm

Another thought is you should share what you find, you may want to masked the methodology, otherwise chase will pick it up and close the loophole. I'd delete the specifics mentioned above, and only mention specifics via pm.

I'm all for openness on the results, but don't share the method to the madness.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:54 pm

I'm in agreement bitachu and DavidL. I'd like to help but know nothing of scripts, etc....
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
DavidAL makes a good point. I don't mind helping out as well, but as others have stated my knowledge of scripts is minimal.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:00 pm
Used to be highman123

Good idea!

So if you have the files downloaded just do a cat *|grep Privacy Notice to look for a common denominator in all valid offers.

This should do the trick.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikelat
Any pattern to the way the bonus is formatted in the response? Any way to do a regex so that you can save each response, parse it for bonus, and pop that in to a spreadsheet for easy post-processing? Happy to help out with automated parsing but I don't sign up for manual work. My per-hour value to myself is too high for manual work, I always automate
Unfortunately the bonus details are in a flash program and I don't know how to dig into that. Currently I am just popping out the codes which mention the bonus.

Originally Posted by bluto
Maybe we should tackle Amex, too. I would love to find one of the 100k Platinum offers.
Chase is very easy to automate. AMEX would probably take a lot of creative effor.
Originally Posted by LongviewTX
I think you need one good programmer instead of 35 volunteers. The vast majority of these pages will result in "Offer not available" and once you sort them out there will not be much for yourself to review.

Not to discourage you but this may or may not reveal any hidden gems. Just recall the United Explorer link for 60k miles (that by the way didn't follow you pattern) - it opened up different offers for different people based on the status of their United MileagePlus account.
Well, I don't want to query all the 46k codes from my server and get Chase's attention. This is why I wanted to break up the effort.

As far as hidden gems go, have you seen my links for Marriott 70k, Priority Club 80k, Sapphire preferred 50k, Ink Bold 60k,...? I came up with them only by playing around with lesser offers. I am not saying that this method will uncover everything but one might find something useful.

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Another thought is you should share what you find, you may want to masked the methodology, otherwise chase will pick it up and close the loophole. I'd delete the specifics mentioned above, and only mention specifics via pm.

I'm all for openness on the results, but don't share the method to the madness.
Good idea. I have edited the OP.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:22 pm

Peeps should also edit their quotes above. I've pm'ed them. Again, walk me through it and I'll help OP. PM me and I'll help however I can.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

I guess I haven't been clear about what I need. The script I wrote will output the URL's which contain some details of the offer. This is most likely a small fraction of the 46k. All I need is people to run it, collect the result, vist the URLs and see if there's something worthwhile. Someone with flash programming knowledge could probably automate the last part but I don't know how to do it.

I am dividing up the effort because of the number of queries needed and because there is some manual work needed. I could do it alone but it would definitely take more time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.