Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Am I Just delusional or how are Non-Americans doing this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I Just delusional or how are Non-Americans doing this?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:23 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by sdsearch
(There used to also be an Air Canada card from Bank of America, but it got discontinued.) Are there really no credit cards in Canada for any non-Canadian airlines?
There are just a handful. I think Alaska has a card by MBNA with 25k signup bonus. There is also a capital one delta card but no real compelling signup bonus. Also there is a british airways card I think. Most of the times the annual fee isnt waived also.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But there are again cards for about a dozen different hotel programs in the US, yet you didn't mention single one in Canada. Is that because there are none, or again because you're not aware of how much there is out there?
Again, there are a few. SPG has an amex card with 10-15k signup bonus, Chase has a marriott card and I think there is a priority club and best western card also.

Earning wise, these cards are similar to the the US ones on points or miles per $ spent. But the bonuses are almost 50% of what the US market has and the fees are the same or more. Also most semi-decent cards in Canada also have a 60k individual or 100k family income requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.