AAdvantage Shopping Portal Holiday 2013 Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Shopping Portal Holiday 2013 Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by stacylee
FYI- Today is the last day to shop towards this promo. I have hit the $250 but only $50 of my purchases of posted so i guess at this point i just wait and hope for the best.
For those that don't see their purchases posting in the aadvantage mall, try changing the transaction date period to "Past 120 days"...I found this shows newer postings than "Past 30 days" for whatever reason...

Also for a datapoint, I've been successful in getting bonuses for buying GCs from Staples (Home Depot & Lowes) on the portal, as well as double dipping using these gift cards to purchase products online for in-store pickup.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
...What is this Cartera thing you speak of?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by agp423
...What is this Cartera thing you speak of?
www.cartera.com for the details, but the long and short of it, is it's the company that runs many of the shopping portals, including the Ultimate Rewards Mall for Chase and Aadvantage shopping mall.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 5:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
AA shopping portal says the bonus may take up to 4 - 8 weeks to post... Usually how soon do the points post for you guys?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by drquack02
For those that don't see their purchases posting in the aadvantage mall, try changing the transaction date period to "Past 120 days"...I found this shows newer postings than "Past 30 days" for whatever reason....
Thanks for the tip! Now I can see all of my activity for this bonus.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by drquack02
For those that don't see their purchases posting in the aadvantage mall, try changing the transaction date period to "Past 120 days"...I found this shows newer postings than "Past 30 days" for whatever reason....
I just checked it out and you are correct. You can also click on 60 days as well. I had been waiting for my last purchase to post on my AA shopping page. It's there.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:53 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Anybody uploaded the new offerlink app? Here's the data from the press release:

LEXINGTON, Mass. - Cartera Commerce, the leading provider of omni-channel marketing solutions that increase revenue and customer loyalty for merchants, today announced the launch of OfferLink®, a consumer app that aggregates deals and offers from hundreds of online merchants.

The OfferLink app provides shoppers with a pocket-sized tool to find discounts, free shipping offers and coupons from their favorite online retailers. Now available just in time for the holidays, the app allows users to: shop and search by retailer category, receive alerts when their favorite stores share new deals, save offers for later and browse deals that are soon to expire. These deals are also available on the web at CyberMonday.com, an entity of the National Retail Federation. OfferLink is currently available on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and will soon be available for Android devices.

“Shoppers are hungry for no-strings-attached deals this holiday season – and beyond – and OfferLink delivers on that promise,” said Cartera Commerce President and CEO Tom Beecher. “It’s a natural extension of the merchant offers we provide through the card issuers and frequent flier loyalty programs we’ve been working with for nearly a decade, but it’s just packaged up a little differently for people on the go.”

For information about Cartera Commerce, visit www.cartera.com. To view the offers and deals mentioned here, visit CyberMonday.com or download the new OfferLink app.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:04 am

Do we know for sure if people who received 2000 AA miles from the September promo are not excluded from this promo? Also, has anybody actually been targeted for this one? Or is it open to everybody?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Do we know for sure if people who received 2000 AA miles from the September promo are not excluded from this promo? Also, has anybody actually been targeted for this one? Or is it open to everybody?
Nothing in the T&C (below) about past promo participants. Seems like a separate promo.

It's now on the front page of the shopping mall, so it's definitely not targeted.

*Terms: From 12/08/13 through 12/22/13 11:59 PM EST receive a one-time additional bonus of up to 3,000 miles when you spend a cumulative amount of $250 or more with the AAdvantage eShoppingsm mall. Spend a cumulative amount of $75-149.99 to earn 1,000 miles; spend a cumulative amount of $150 - $249.99 to earn 2,000 bonus miles; or spend a cumulative amount of $250 or more to earn 3,000 bonus miles. Purchases made at FTD.com through the AAdvantage eShopping mall, returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site for coupon code or usage restrictions. Please allow 8-10 weeks from end of promotional period for bonus miles to post to your account. Void where prohibited by law.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by wise2u
I will keep warning people about any promo offered at a Cartera run shopping portal...do yourself a favor and shop through another portal...put these crooks out of business.....
Craptera runs a bunch of airline shopping portals and have screwed many people out of promised "bonus mile offers" . They are famous for having bots send canned letters if you complain and no replies from customer service (what little they have) They will deny you qualify and ask if you can prove it...if you do have screenshots they will ignore your evidence and you will spend 6 months writing e-mails and waiting to get points that they never planned to give in the first place....The airlines that they run the portal for have absolutely no involvement with it, other than putting their name on it and paying Craptera to run it. They will refer all complaints to Craptera. They screwed me on United Months of Miles promo and I will never forget it or forgive their empty promises and shady practices. Marathon Man wound up suing them, and if I had known at the time I would have joined him. Do not EXPECT any promo run by Craptera to be honored.
Do EXPECT to have to fight for your points....is it really worth the overpriced crap they sell through their site? I think not...and I am not alone. They have a reputation of intentionally screwing people out of points, you can read about it everywhere. Unfortunately they must offer the airlines a great deal to run the sites in their name, split the profits with them, and absolve them of any responsibility....they are trying to monopolize the airline portals. Don't do business with them, you will be sorry sooner than later.
+1000! I've had such poor experiences with Cartera via AA I stopped using them altogether. I just do cashback websites now. The earnings rates are better anyway and I don't have to deal with their horribly frustrating CS. I didn't think it possible, but their CS may be worse than the airlines.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
+1000! I've had such poor experiences with Cartera via AA I stopped using them altogether. I just do cashback websites now. The earnings rates are better anyway and I don't have to deal with their horribly frustrating CS. I didn't think it possible, but their CS may be worse than the airlines.
I see so much feedback from a number of people about Cartera. Yes, the last few years were terrible. I went through nightmares with them and even had a desk number of a rep to help me when the United Month of Miles happened....

That being said...this year has been different. I have been using both the AA and Southwest shopping malls. I have receive every single order I have placed. I have not had a missing mile order at all. I tried to focus just on Southwest at the beginning of the year, but started back with the AA Shop mall these last few months.

I participated in the last "bonus" offer and received everything, including 2000 bonus points.

I did notice a difference between Southwest and AA Malls. When my orders post at Southwest shop mall I actually receive those points in my Southwest account quickly. For example I placed an order at Overstock for a Dyson. That was on Black Friday. My Southwest account just received the points today.

With the AA Mall the points have been showing up on the AA Shop mall site....but have not moved over to my actual AA account. So there seems to be more of a lag time.

I use Internet Explorer and I allow cookies. Granted I am not much of a computer person but I don't have anything "blocked" or special other than virus protection.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I logged into AA shopping and was able to use the link to earn up to 3000 miles. I did not buying anything yet but I will soon. I am sure glad that I waited to buy some gifts for myself. Now I will earn even more miles this Christmas season.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was targeted for 1000 bonus miles in September (which I received) and this new 3000 mile promotion is mentioned in an email I got from them about a day ago.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Qualified for the 3K AA miles by buying a Canon S110 package on Adorama. Will end up selling the camera to break even and get a free printer.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:23 am

Well, I'm sure Caretera will take extra care in taking care of everything (maybe it will).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.