Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any airlines issuing basic membership cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Hello everyone,
I am not sure this was the correct place to post this, but here we go. I just became a dad, and wanted to sign my kid up for a program, however it appears that one have to be minimum two years old?! I have a hard time finding anyone that allows a DOB at 2016.

So far I have seen Asiana and Air Canada, but not sure if any of those actually issue a card.

Is there any carriers out there that allows infants? We are both Americans, living in UK.
As well, are there any carriers out there that issues physical membership cards to basic members?

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by toda
Hello everyone,
I am not sure this was the correct place to post this, but here we go. I just became a dad, and wanted to sign my kid up for a program, however it appears that one have to be minimum two years old?! I have a hard time finding anyone that allows a DOB at 2016.

So far I have seen Asiana and Air Canada, but not sure if any of those actually issue a card.

Is there any carriers out there that allows infants? We are both Americans, living in UK.
As well, are there any carriers out there that issues physical membership cards to basic members?

Thanks.
I have an Iberia Plus card (a physical card) while I do not have status there. It was free.

As for your question about your young children, I have no idea which airlines have no minimum age. But really will you be flying so much with them that it's worth the effort for them to save miles?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
I am inclined to say yes to that, considering he will join daddy for business trips, and visit family not only in Europe and USA but Asia as well...
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Iceland Air sends out physical cards to basic members, but I think their minimum age is actually kind of high...like 12 years old. (I guess below that age you're buying children's fares? Children's fares have gone extinct on most carriers I fly!!!)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:26 pm

SAS sends out cards. I signed my son up just because it was required to access the wifi and they mailed him a card.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You may find this thread, located in the Travel with Children forum, helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...gnup-kids.html
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am inclined to say yes to that, considering he will join daddy for business trips, and visit family not only in Europe and USA but Asia as well...
A lap child will not earn any freq flyer miles. Need to have a paid seat.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:20 pm

Alaska will sign up a child/baby. You have to call in to do it. Membership card can be printed but I'm not sure if they send out a real card if requested.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:46 pm

Aeroplan will issue a physical card at least in Canada - it's required to earn points at some of their brick-and-mortars partners.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
I received a physical card from BA, but I had to request it. It didn't happen automatically.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:13 am

Lufthansa Miles & More did send me the Blue Card a few weeks after the first qualifying flight crediting to Miles & More.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
JAL sends a physical card after you sign up on the website.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:31 pm

NH sends a physical card (it's silver and kind of looks like an elite card; I have, when I didn't have UA status, used this to get into priority security lines ).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Airberlin does as well. Curious why you need a physical card as it won't really get you any special access, etc. If you want something that lists all your FF numbers you can get one of those award wallet cards.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
TK issues physical cards as well. It took them almost 3 months to send it (and yes I had done many trips in the meantime) but you can also just collect it in IST if you're there.

The minimum age is also two years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.