Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

THE OFFER IS DEAD

Details here:

http://travel-summary.com/possible-1...platinum-card/

Last edited by michael_v; Jan 9, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:04 pm

jimmicka posted about this a few hours ago and the thread was subsequently locked.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Is that website legit?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Anybody has experiences with having a Gold card and apply for the Platinum card and get bonus on both of them. It seems that the term doesn't allow it if you have the gold card within the last 90 days. I just talked to the CSR and she said it would get the points. She sees my gold card too but not sure she is aware of the term
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadianProf
jimmicka posted about this a few hours ago and the thread was subsequently locked.
Locking does not make any sense in this case. Either take the post down or let it be.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I canceled my gold card last year and applied for platinum card just now. I got instant approval for 100 K points offer.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Approved for the Platinum! Had to call in to lift my Experian freeze (had 5 hits 50 days ago). AMEX site says 100K for $3K spend on my targeted offer so hope it works out. $450 fee but should be able to get it down to $50 with $200 airline fee credit in 2013 and early 2014, so $50 and a credit inquiry for 100K MR! SQ SUITES, HERE I COME!

*I'm already an AU on an MB Amex Plat with a family member so the additional benefits don't matter. I would probably only get about 65K MR with the PRG 50K + spend, so the extra MR is worth the fee!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
wow nice...i wonder how long this will be valid for? I literally just got my SPG amex today so i will work towards that spend...I am debating if I should apply for the PRG now anyway lol

What all could 50k MR pts get me anyway?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by alrvd83
What all could 50k MR pts get me anyway?
MR is best used to transfer to airline programs. UR has surpassed MR recently, but you can transfer to:

Delta
British Airways (including transfer bonuses of up to 50% recently)
Singapore Airlines (for flights on SQ)
ANA (unique award chart)
Aeroplan (although they have devalued the chart + fuel surcharges on some carriers)
and more.

I want to fly Singapore First from LAX to SIN and onwards, which will cost at least 92K MR points. This signup will take care of that!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by amolkold
MR is best used to transfer to airline programs. UR has surpassed MR recently, but you can transfer to:

Delta
British Airways (including transfer bonuses of up to 50% recently)
Singapore Airlines (for flights on SQ)
ANA (unique award chart)
Aeroplan (although they have devalued the chart + fuel surcharges on some carriers)
and more.

I want to fly Singapore First from LAX to SIN and onwards, which will cost at least 92K MR points. This signup will take care of that!
ok nice! So if you dont transfer the pts to a program, cant you also use the pts to purchase a ticket via the AMEX travel site? Is that even worth it? I have a sapphire preferred and its like 10k pts = $100...plus they offer 20% off.

I hope this deals lasts for awhile, because I need to wait at least another month before i apply for yet another card!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:39 pm

Grr I just got Delta Gold Amex! Maybe I should try it anyway
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Approved. Just crapped my pants.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Cool

Went through link in incognito mode, put in info, got 100k offer (site linked to verified AE https server), approved Have already received confirmation email!

Took screenshots at every step, will update when card comes/bonus posts.

Thank you michael_v & original poster!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by lavag
Went through link in incognito mode, put in info, got 100k offer (site linked to verified AE https server), approved Have already received confirmation email!

Took screenshots at every step, will update when card comes/bonus posts.

Thank you michael_v & original poster!
The offer comes up for me, but an error message comes up for me when I try to click through to the AE website. Anyone else experience this?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
this is where I get the whole fam to sign up for the Plat lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.