Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

for emergencies, it's good to always have "extra" miles/points in multiple programs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

for emergencies, it's good to always have "extra" miles/points in multiple programs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Yes to extra miles for emergencies

Was in Williamsburg VA last August for work and Irene headed its direction. American was not yet allowing cancellations/re-booking, but used 12.5K miles for a one-way back to home. Got one of the last seats that was open on flights to DFW. If I had waited on AA to allow re-book I probably would have been stuck away from home in a situation that is less than ideal or trying to head anywhere west. Yes, I had to pay a booking fee and used 12.5K miles, but it was worth more than that to be out of harm's way. Plan B was to use United miles if needed, followed by some US Airways after that. Nice to have a few miles stashed other places just in case.

Last edited by mia; Jan 1, 2013 at 10:03 am Reason: Please do not quote the entire text of multi-paragraph posts.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: All of the Above
The Mrs. had to travel to IN last minute this week, and I wasn't going to get there with her. I was able to secured a room for her with Hilton, which I don't hardly ever frequent, but had points to spare. Worked out perfect.

Last edited by DavidAL; Jan 1, 2013 at 3:51 pm
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Making me jealous. In all my years, I have yet to redeem a single Hilton point, save for a US GS transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.