Office depot to stop vanilla reload cards tomorrow 11/11

Subscribe
Just went into local store and the manager mentioned an email he had. When he pulled it up it said they are to pull all vanilla reload packs off the shelf with any signage for them tomorrow. They are going to get some type of amex card at some point. He did not have them now.. If you need them get them today. I just loaded up on both my ink cards and my initial spend on the citi card i just received.

Just an FYI.
I knew I should have gone big yesterday....
Darn, i was thinking to get INK bold card today.
Quote: Darn, i was thinking to get INK bold card today.
My churn is tuesday
Do tell....
MMS seems strangely silent today.
Being discussed already in the existing BB thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ebit-card.html
A week ago, I was at an OD at the copy center, a guy with ink bold card and ID or drivers license on his hand( looked like a homeless drug addict )rushed in the store and kept staring at the gift cards at gc section. After not finding the vanilla, he yells at the store cashier HEY WHERE ARE THE VANILLA CARD, WHERE? The cashier ignored him and the guy went out and fled away on a bike.
the bloggers did a good job of ruining this. they still won cos they got commissions for IB approvals from their site.
Store near me just put up signage that says they're limiting the use of credit cards on re-loads to $200. It's a moot point though, it's not like they've had any re-loads there in weeks.
Quote: Store near me just put up signage that says they're limiting the use of credit cards on re-loads to $200. It's a moot point though, it's not like they've had any re-loads there in weeks.
I wonder if that will also apply to the variable load visa gift cards ($25 to $500).
Quote: MMS seems strangely silent today.
lol
I'd have to imagine OD was losing money on these. They make $3.95 per card in a fee, but pay ~2% fee or $10 per card they sell. I'd imagine that is really what caused them to yank them.
Quote: I'd have to imagine OD was losing money on these. They make $3.95 per card in a fee, but pay ~2% fee or $10 per card they sell. I'd imagine that is really what caused them to yank them.
Yup, it's all about the bottom line. I'm sure there will be another 'game' around the corner.
haha
And The Points Guy is MIA